Register now to get rid of these ads!

Engine bay wire clean up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldnuts, Dec 17, 2014.

1. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Here,s what I was talking about. You can see the tip I made for the weller to cut the stuff with. P1010029.JPG P1010030.JPG

oldnuts likes this.
  2. This has a nice clean look to it. I don't mind wire runs showing, but they have got to be antiseptic.

3. I use plain old bleach to get my wires
    free from or cleaned of germs and other microorganisms.

image.jpg

The only thing that looks out of place is the crimp connectors on the coil wire at ballast and and coil. The blower motor wire could be better. I'd dump some bleach on those. Everything else is exposed and hidden in plain sight for lack of better terms.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

fuely motor looks good to me-heater blower wire looks the same on mine-I have one too--will try to take a picture

5. I used "flexbraid" split tubing and adhesive lined shrink to on my latest wiring project:
    [​IMG]
    Cuts with scissors and the shrink tube seals the ends
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  6. Anyone remember the guy who had his wires hidden inside of a bunch of formed metal tubing.....attached to his engine areas, and firewall ? Just wondering. Thought it looked old and cool at once. Painted engine color/firewall color and chrome where needed.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  7. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

8. Roadsir

Roadsir

I was just thinking about this for my 32. I considered thread, 'm settling in on the cloth type wrap noted above, or hockey tape!

9. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

On my last two cars I welded a 1" steel conduit on the underside of the inner fender well through a hole in the firewall and grill support, this gets anything that isn't engine related- battery, headlights, horn out of sight and protected.

10. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

WIRELESS!!

11. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Nice very well thought out...

oldnuts likes this.