Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Energy Suspension Frame to Body Mounts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950_Buick, Oct 20, 2015.

1. 1950_Buick

1950_Buick

Anyone have any experience/thoughts on their product?

I am doing a frame off build on a 1950 Buick and know they won't have my specific mounts, but am thinking they have something pretty close and was curious of other's experience with their product on the same era of car.

2. I've used their sway bar suspension bushings. HRP

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

A friend used some generic body to frame isolators with crush tubes, identical composition to the conventional ES suspension bushings. Not as much give as OEM isolators as they are harder, thicker and denser material. Other than that, they worked fine.
    With my 46 Olds I think I will use the OEM style rubber style bushing unless I can locate some thinner ES style isolators.

4. The mounts work well.
    You can machine them for custom fit.
    They are stiffer than rubber but its hard to alter the rubber ones.

5. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Personally...I wouldn't use them.
    The frame and the body flex much differently. Trying to "make" flex the same is asking for trouble in body buckling, body mount flexing, frame to body mount flexing, broken body mount fasteners.

Maybe the first one or two locations, but I'd use rubber for the rest.

Mike

6. indyjps

indyjps

Used them plenty of times on OT vehicles, theouts are high quality and work well.

7. 1950_Buick

1950_Buick

Thanks for the feedback... based on that, I'm most likely going to run with their product and use their universal kit and make it fit.

Seems like a technically advanced product over rubber.

(besides, the only place that I could find to buy buick body mounts for my car was expensive and they were rude beyond belief when I called at oldbuickparts.com. I can get the energy suspension at 1/4 of the price.)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015