Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Enclosed Transport Chilliwack to Edmonton

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Al T, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Would anyone have a recommendation for an enclosed transporter who could move a running/driving car from Chilliwack BC to Edmonton, AB?
    I’ve used Bill’s Auto Works (who was awesome) before but he doesn’t enter Canada.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Allan

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  2. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Driving it through the mountains this time of year might be risky.
    Could be perfectly fine but maybe not.
    Besides that you need winter tires on any vehicle on BC hiways after October 1st.

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Bill should be able to enter Canada for commercial purposes unless he’s not licensed to operate in both countries.

5. If it was August, not October, I’d be driving it. Iffy at best in the middle of October.
    The Coquihalla is a crap shoot any time after the middle of September.

wackdaddy, MBog and Bill's Auto Works like this.
  6. Honestly Sir,

The fact that I do not do any transporting into or out of Canada is just a business decision I made many years ago, just like I do not cross the Northern or Central Rocky Mountain Passes during the winter months or the fact that I do not transport into or out of New York City or Long Island. Being blessed with more business than I could ever do for a couple of decades now, I can do what is safest for my customers vehicles, my equipment & the efficiency of my business.

I have a great working relationship with the OP & have met him at the Sweetgrass, Mt border crossing probably 3 or 4 times over the years! I am pulling for him to find a Quality Canadian based transporter to handle his new toy safely!

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

Jeff Norwell, Al T and wackdaddy like this.
  7. Highway 1 is a disaster right now as well. Closed at Golden so there is a 1.5hr detour. I am not sure if that is the reason but I have had no luck getting anyone to get back to me on transporting a car from the interior to Edmonton in the last month.

8. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Best route would be the TransCan #1 to Kamloops and then onto the Goldenhead but this time of year I’d be a little concerned.

9. OK, so a bit of an update. I ended up using Livingston International to ship the car. It was $1150CDN for enclosed transport via rail, but because of rail schedules, ETA is..... questionable. I've used them before for cross border transport and they were good.
    The car came with some loose parts that would have been difficult to have transported. Fortunately Larry (Blue One) and his beautiful wife were out on the island for some personal business. He messaged me and offered to pick up the loose parts and bring them back with him. I picked up the parts on the weekend and finally got to see his amazing RPU in person. All I can say is WOW. His thread and photos do not do the car justice. The craftsmanship is amazing.
    These are the parts he brought back for me. It's 60's era, but is definitely OT. Anyone want to guess the car?
    IMG_2920 (1).jpg

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    Blue One and Bill's Auto Works like this.
  10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Hey Al I guess it wouldn’t be fair for me to guess since I saw it while picking up the parts. :D
    OT or not it is a nice looking car. It was my pleasure to bring your parts home if I had my trailer out there it would have been reasonably easy to haul it home too as the weather was just rainy and otherwise the roads were clear and dry with no snow yet even at the higher elevations through the Coquahalla.

In any case it was nice visiting with you, it’s been a long while since we first met way back when I had just started building my RPU.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great to see that you managed to get everything squared away and have shipping arranged.

Blue One and Al T like this.
  12. B.C. car, 60's wire knockoffs, more than likely British, I would say a Jag.

13. Correct country of origin......

Blue One likes this.
  14. Fortunateson, why’d you delete your post!
    lol

15. Well I will try one more. The other British car in the 60's that seemed to have wire's on a lot of them was Austin-Healey so I will give that a go.:D

Blue One likes this.
  16. You are correct. 1966 3000.

Bill's Auto Works and Blue One like this.
  17. Fortunateson

Fortunateson