Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW MERCH!!!!!!

Hey guys... It's that time of the year again and we are introducing some new shirts in the Jalopy Journal store - including our first ever pocket shirt! So, if you are in the need for some new threads go here:
    The Jalopy Journal Store
    Dismiss Notice

Hot Rods Empty Trailer? Shipping request...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CaddyRat, Mar 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

Portland Or to Houston TX. I already hit up BenD, but he does not cover the West Coast. Anyone have suggestions? I tried Uship.com. Looking to ship a roller (no engine no trans) 1951 Desoto.

Much appreciated,
    Scott

2. gearhead695456

gearhead695456

Did you have any luck? I am also looking for west coast to east coast shipper. Thanks.

3. There are 3 QUALITY transporters here on the Hamb : BenD, Racinman & Myself. We all have ads in the Hamb O Dex section, where you can see hundreds of references from other Hambers who have used our service in the past.
    Here is mine!

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

I will be in Northern California mid to late September with the enclosed single car trailer. Send me a message & I will be glad to give you a price quote, although you are probably looking for an open trailer for a lower price being that it is a roller.
    God Bless
    Bill Squires(owner)
    Bill's Auto Works

IMG_20170204_093851867 (640x360).jpg

4. Scott,

In general - a roller costs more to ship than a running car - more labor involved.

A 1951 Desoto can be over 17 feet long - that is a big car to ship.

Most multi car trailers are not equipped with winches.

If someone is hauling to Houston, TX from Portland, OR - they are headed down I-5
    to Southern California - then east along I-10.

Unless they have a vehicle in Houston to pick up - they will opt out of hauling for you
    in favor of a full trip from Portland to Los Angeles & then Los Angeles east to Florida
    along I-10.

You mention Uship .....

Anymore that is a transport broker board tied into Ebay - commissions on shipments
    can be 25% or more between what Uship & an auto transport broker take off the top.

Uship now charges folks looking for a hauler an additional fee ( in some cases ).

HAMB Options:

Put an ad in the " Wanted " section of the classifieds.

Join & post in the HAMB Social Relay Group - it is intended for members
    to help members with vehicle & parts transport:

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/social-forums/hamb-relays.183/

Good Luck !

Jim
    HAMB Alliance Member since 2008

unclescooby likes this.
    Register now to get rid of these ads!