Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Empty Trailer? Shipping request...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CaddyRat, Mar 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

Portland Or to Houston TX. I already hit up BenD, but he does not cover the West Coast. Anyone have suggestions? I tried Uship.com. Looking to ship a roller (no engine no trans) 1951 Desoto.

Much appreciated,
    Scott

2. gearhead695456

gearhead695456

Did you have any luck? I am also looking for west coast to east coast shipper. Thanks.

3. There are 3 QUALITY transporters here on the Hamb : BenD, Racinman & Myself. We all have ads in the Hamb O Dex section, where you can see hundreds of references from other Hambers who have used our service in the past.
    Here is mine!

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

I will be in Northern California mid to late September with the enclosed single car trailer. Send me a message & I will be glad to give you a price quote, although you are probably looking for an open trailer for a lower price being that it is a roller.
    God Bless
    Bill Squires(owner)
    Bill's Auto Works

IMG_20170204_093851867 (640x360).jpg

4. Scott,

In general - a roller costs more to ship than a running car - more labor involved.

A 1951 Desoto can be over 17 feet long - that is a big car to ship.

Most multi car trailers are not equipped with winches.

If someone is hauling to Houston, TX from Portland, OR - they are headed down I-5
    to Southern California - then east along I-10.

Unless they have a vehicle in Houston to pick up - they will opt out of hauling for you
    in favor of a full trip from Portland to Los Angeles & then Los Angeles east to Florida
    along I-10.

You mention Uship .....

Anymore that is a transport broker board tied into Ebay - commissions on shipments
    can be 25% or more between what Uship & an auto transport broker take off the top.

Uship now charges folks looking for a hauler an additional fee ( in some cases ).

HAMB Options:

Put an ad in the " Wanted " section of the classifieds.

Join & post in the HAMB Social Relay Group - it is intended for members
    to help members with vehicle & parts transport:

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/social-forums/hamb-relays.183/

Good Luck !

Jim
    HAMB Alliance Member since 2008

unclescooby likes this.