Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Empire Nostalgia Gold Cup / Gasser Racing / Largest Assembly of Nostalgia Gassers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carshopowner, Jul 22, 2012.

1. btt , get there if you can

2. carshopowner

carshopowner

3. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Spent the weekend at Empire for the Gasser Racing Series event. What a great thing the GRS has going. Saturday there were a few gassers there for test and tune, including or Opel. Sunday morning by 9am the pits were full and the weather was perfect. Got to meet Phil(swade41) and see his Henry J make a couple passes. No wheels falling off for Phil this time out but someone with a Dodge R/T lost a rear tire and hit the wall with extensive damage to the car. Never good to see that. Met up with Steve(Modelapunk) great to catch up with him. I always admire the Austin gasser he and his Dad have. Even got run against the Green front engine rail(carshopowner) in the pevious post. After qualifying the GRS folks treated us to a great barbeque before eliminations.
    Unfortuneatly, we lost in the first round. Ran a 9.35 on a 9.15 dial-in. The track temp had changed since qualifying and the Opel spun off the line. The other lane was slower than his dial-in also but closer to his number.
    The track at Empire Dragway was a great place to race. The track surface was beautiful, the track is very wide and the shut down area is so long that stopping is not a problem. The staff was top notch also.
    If you can make it to a Gasser Racing Series Event you won't be dissapionted.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  4. good to see you got the Opel out..
    The GRS are a good group of guys & gals.

Rick
    ================================

5. carshopowner

carshopowner

I had a great time also, was there to the last, walked away (with a lot of luck and help from the crew) with the Top Eliminator Trophy!

6. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

That does not surprise me. You and dragster were spot on all weekend. Not ony is your car gorgeous, it is pretty darn fast also. Congrats on your win you definately deserve it. Wanted to come over to see you, but there is not much down time getting the car ready between runs.

7. carshopowner

carshopowner

I wished you had stopped by. It is nice to put a face to a forum name

8. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

Thought I'd throw this out for you to consider.
    1) More lead. 28_30 does not sound like enough. Possible late cam timing (?)
    2) Shut the pump off before you kill the ignition when shutting down. Heat soak while waiting in the lanes will create hard start problems.
    Tom S.

9. Ha, good to me you too Bob, glad you had a good time. I was a first rd looser too, got beat on the tree in my case.
    Carshopowner, congrats again on your win last night , some tough competition you had to face.
    The most exciting moment had to be Art (550coupe) when his suicied door came open right at the finish line. It flung all the way back and was rubbing against his rear tire, nothing like seeing the driver in full view sitting in his car !

10. carshopowner

carshopowner

Timing has been increased to 34

11. carshopowner

carshopowner

I missed all the problems (the door, the axle at the starting line)

One more event 30th of September

12. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

I had a great time racing as well! Looking forward to the 30! I'll be going to the Jalopy Drags in Beaver Springs Pa Saturday Sept 29, and then to the GRS Race on Sunday Sept 30! Cant wait!
    Congrats for the win CarShopOwner! Who won the Nostalgia Gas class?
    Didn't get to stay until the end, was a late night and had a long drive, with work in the Morning and Having to unload last night as well i needed to take off before the finals.

13. Yea Phil, nothing like getting a bit of fresh air while going over the finish line! I was more upset about breaking out than the door popping open! Door will be fixed this week. Considering some bear claw latches. Once is enough.

14. Jeff in the red 64 Impala, same guy that took out points leader Skip in the first round.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012

15. No one dominates. That's good. Anyone can end up winning.

16. carshopowner

carshopowner

Well, I think we might get tomorrows event in. I'm goping to head down to try anyway.

17. I'm loaded up and ready to go, talked to Art (550Coupe) earlier today and he is ready to race too.

18. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Thanks for showing all the pictures.

19. carshopowner

carshopowner

Well it was cold, and we had one delay for a light shower, but we got it in. I went out in the second round by .056 seconds. I had a good time anyway.

20. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Thanks for the great pictures Swade. Whoever the photographer was must have been extremely busy. It's alot of work to take so many great shots.

21. carshopowner

carshopowner

Any one thinking of going this weekend to the Empire Dragway Gasser Invitational!! ?

22. I'm in, but of course depends on the weather. I talked to Stevens at the club meeting on Tuesday and he said there seemed to be quite a few interested in going. He also said keep a check on Empire's web site, if it's to cold they might cancel.

23. A few pictures of the last race for the year as seen from my pit spot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

The pictures are great. We are already making our plans for next year. We will more than likely bring the Opel to a couple Empire nostalic events and also make the gold cup weekend.

25. carshopowner

carshopowner

I am also making plans for next year

I want to go faster, be number one qualifier (fastest, Mod Gas) next year, was a couple of times this year

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the full details see this link

http://www.leverfamilysite.com/2010_Front_Engine_Dragster_Week_2011_10_13.htm

26. Drivers meeting tomorrow at 4 pm upstairs club house at Batavia Downs, all urged to attend.

27. carshopowner

carshopowner

I'm planning on going as is Paul, below is a hint of the upgrade for next year (this is a test fit, lots of other things that need to be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQV_4MDGEQs&feature=youtu.be

28. carshopowner

carshopowner

I have put together a page on my web site of all the U-Tube videos that Tom Deyle has put together on the Car Nut Projects (Dragster, Firebird) over the years.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    They can be seen at this link<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    http://www.leverfamilysite.com/2010_Front_Engine_Dragster_U-Tube_Videos.htm<o:p></o:p>

29. carshopowner

carshopowner