Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Emergency brake cable

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Pothole, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Pothole

Pothole

I went on line looking for images but got nowhere so now I go to the source of all knowledge the H.A.M.B.
    Simple issue, I am looking for recommendations on how best to secure my emergency brake cables. I purchased a couple of brackets but am not really happy with them. Would appreciate any suggestions and or comments on the bracket I did purchase.
    Tks 100_2256.JPG 100_2257.JPG 100_2259.JPG , Pothole

2. [​IMG]
    My Model A uses the original cross frame tube from its mechanical brake days. The cables are attached to the outer levers with a combination of original clevises and turnbuckles. See at top of photo.

[​IMG]
    Arm between brake handle and cross bar

alanp561 likes this.
  3. Pothole

Pothole

Interesting, my 31A coupe had the cross piece removed. It was converted to hydraulic brakes prior to me getting it. Adjusting mine are a real pain so I am going to replace the equalizer with one from a 66 Mustang which should make it a lot easier to adjust. Right now I am trying to "tuck" in those cables. Thanks,
    Pothole

4. RKS.PA

RKS.PA

5. RKS.PA

RKS.PA

The brackets you bought look like the guides used on my '39, attached to the inside of the rods running from the axle to the torque tube. I think these were welded on and the e brake cable used them them as a guide. Ford dropped these on later models...not sure when. They would be a good idea just to provide some support between your adjustment bracket at the rear of the trans and the rear drums.

6. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

DE258F8C-201A-4EE1-91BC-B96594B97ECC.jpeg I am using the same guides on mine. Two on each radius rod. This the only crappy pic i have. I can take a better one tomorrow.