Register now to get rid of these ads!

emails from HAMB "members"

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by choprods, Apr 25, 2012.

1. I want to post this just to be on the safe side,MAY BE PARANOID=;)
    Have recieved two emails in last 24 hrs frome supposed members thru the "email a member" link here.
    I only suspect these because of the senders being addressed out of country[COMMON SCAMMER LOCATION] for one thing and secondly as the items they say they have are so rare here that I think the possibility that they actually have these parts is not very likely....
    they bothe wanted ya to click on a link to reply but honestly I am not sure they were legit or scammers -so.... pay attention and decide on your own....
    the emails listed them as ------@thehamb,but could not find their"user" listed....

2. cederholm

cederholm

Don't click on any links embedded in an email that you don't know where they lead to. When I get questionable mail - from say PayPal - I hit the reply button and carefully review the return email address. Span is almost always from some crazy return address like.

3. I only click on the links that promise me outstanding sex with underage Nigerian girls that are dying to meet my 57 year old ass. Gotta be careful these days.

Bob

4. I wouldn't touch it , you don't know where's it been!

5. I was a moderator for a short while on a small Falcon interest site . Even at a low volume site like that most of the membership requests were bogus and an occasional Nogoodnik slipped through even with a spam site checker and a bunch of questions . A big active site like this would attract lots of negative attention . I'm sure the moderators here fight that stuff constantly . I saw something odd today but before I could finish reporting it - it disappeared ! - thank you moderator .

6. The mods here do a fantastic job , I would report any suspicious messages..

7. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

I've received two of these too. I've searched and the guy isn't a member. He was trying to sell me a 36 Ford seat, wrapped in leather, in perfect condition for $250. Hmm, I guess he thinks I'm stupid.

8. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

you can always turn off this option:

You can allow other members to send you email messages.
    Receive Email from Other Members

manage your account / edit options

underneath : Messaging & Notification

remember to hit 'save changes' at the bottom if you decide to give it a go.

-W