Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Elvis Hot Rod 1957

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr Haney, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

10-4 on that......Amazing a Hot Rod built in 1939 survived 70 years still looks like the day Athans built it.

2. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

Second that, always try to catch some of his movies, If only the colnel had'nt held him back he would have been a better actor.

I always loved that car

3. Sorry i wasnt going to critizese(?) your spelling, ive only been teached english for 4 years, so i probebly have lots of misspellings my self:).
    I just meant that in 39, there wasnt that many ways to built it, and mr Athans probebly stepped a little out of the way, with that windshield.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Today, 03:23 AM #31
    Mr Haney
    Grenade Inspector
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lockwoodkustoms
    Hats off to a cool car that is well deserved of any honors one can give it. You have to really appreciate a car like this just for surviving so many years with out being turned into something else.

10-4 on that......Amazing a Hot Rod built in 1939 survived 70 years still looks like the day Athans built it.

Lars

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  4. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

5. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

I saw it at the Smithsonian a few years ago. Nice car.

6. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

That..to me was and is one of the coolest hot rods ever...see, they had it all figured out by 1939! HAPPY B-DAY E.P.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Always loved that car, especaily the headers

8. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I love this car! Here is a picture during it's restoration, you can see the dent in the door that Elvis did when he wrecked it in the movie.

[​IMG]

9. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

10. I saw it at the Peterson Museum with Dreadman,when all the 32's were there. Don't know if it's still there...

11. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

WOW ! cool photo...is that Athans in pic [ middle] wonder when last time he fired it up, took it for a "Root"

12. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Very Cool HotRod and a good movie......

13. I thought this was the movie Elvis drove the roadster in???

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1KT4EwcDidM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1KT4EwcDidM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

14. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Yes that is Athan in the center, Leonardo Sr. on the right and you know whos on the left....

15. streetfreakmustang

streetfreakmustang
    BANNED
    from Ohio

The car was also in the 1952-1953 movie "I Want You" starring Dana Andrews. In the begining of the movie Dana is covering up the car with sheets in his parents garage as he was drafted. Later on in the movie it is shown quite abit and he also takes his wife in it on their honeymoon at the end of the movie.

In one scene he climbs up on the rear tire and walks across the decklid and jumps in the drivers seat.

The movie is on TCM every so often.

16. OLLIN

OLLIN

so a buddy was asking me about this car a few days ago, does anyone know for sure what the windshield is from?

Was it added later in the 50's or was it on there in the late 30's?

17. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Whether you like the car or not it's like the Isky roadster..............change ANYTHING on it and you've ruined it. The fact it's remained the same after all of these years is spectacular. If anyone else had been the steward during the intervening years it's doubtful it would have remained unchanged.

Frank