Register now to get rid of these ads!

ELpolacko in R&C...good stuff!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Lancaster, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

R&C April issue showcases Elp's 1932 chassis stffeners and other goodies, parts that have barely been noticed on here despite their excellent design and workmanship.
    One of my friends and I ordered a set each a while ago and found the precision and craftsmanship to be astoundingly good...when applied to a '32 frame, the parts snapped into place perfectly like a part on a really well molded model kit, with all bolt holes exactly aligned...far better than I had expected for an aftermarket part taken right out of the shipping container and applied to a 75 year old frame!
    These pieces turn a '32 frame into an X frame very neatly and easily. Chech'emout:

http://www.industrialchassisinc.com/?cat=81

2. Always nice to see someone get recondition for manufacturing something that works,,congratulations. HRP

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Surely you must mean RECOGNITION...???

R-

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I haven't seen the article yet, but was it written by Chris Shelton? If it was I was hanging around one day last summer when he was shooting. Always a fun time and a great guy!
    You guys can't imagine how detailed Steve is when he is designing stuff. That's the reason his stuff always fits and works the first time. None of this "lets make a few and let the consuner R&D it" kinda stuff.

5. Good to Steve getting some credit. He builds top notch stuff!

When you get famous Steve are you still gonna admit you know us? ;-)

6. I had the opportunity to meet Steve 2003, he is the guy! Every time I’m I PHX I visit Steve and have look at the work in his shop, I’m totally impressed of his skills. His work is a truly art!

7. Its about time people in the rest of the world find out about Mr grab ass and Dr marvalous. I am glad to call him one of my closest friends and is always ready to help a guy out and he plays the best music for a hot rod shop you have ever heard.

congrats.

8. The fact that Steve puts his AutoCad drawings in his posts speaks volumes about his openess (and capability). I really enjoy checking out his builds - and planning a trip to Phoenix to see the shop. Rock on, El P !

9. Black Primer

Black Primer

April issue??.. You must be from the future, it's still January here!

10. Congratulations, Steve! :)

11. YES! Found the April R&C in my mailbox today. Scanned through it immediately. Looks like a great product from Industrial Chassis. Wonder if they have any parts for the 34 frame - need to read the article.
    Also the series "Tudor Tales" on their 34 sedan project.
    My favorite car mag!!

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great article, a bit about Norm G. and a cool T Bucket too. R&C has been awesome the last 4 months.

13. brady1929

brady1929

14. Yes congrats!

15. slammed

slammed

With good fortune, he will be swamped with orders and work of all kind's.

16. Well deserved. Steve had the prototype on display at the Roundup this year. First class.

His pedal mods are also pretty classy.

Steve is an old school fabricator with new school tools. A great guy too boot!

17. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

18. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool . . . congrats Steve!

Steve is in the top drawer of HAMB treasures.

19. Cool beans!

My father called me the other day about this, pretty stoked the hear it made the magazine.

Got my first order on them yesterday.

And Bruce, thank you for the kind words. I have been fighting with an off topic build for the last few months and it's just about done. Street Rod stuff with tons of aftermarket goodies on it. And nearly every single thing has had to be modified to work properly. Wasted so much of my customers money fixing brand new stuff.

Steve

20. Your standards are to high :rolleyes:

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I glanced at that article yesterday after I pulled the magazine out of the mailbox and wished that it was made for a Model A frame. I didn't take time until I saw thread to go back and read it and see that it was Steve's creation.

That is a well written and well photographed article and I expect that the UPS truck will be be making regular pickups at Industrial Chassis for some time to come.

22. Fogger

Fogger

I bought a pair of the '32 k-member legs from Steve in July of 2010. Great design and fit perfectly. His vision and skills are second to none. Great to see him get the due recognition. I will be buying more parts from Industrial Chassis.

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ha! Been working on him for that exact same thing since he came up with this idea a couple of years ago! This same deal for a traditional "A"V8 chassis with a '32 X-member would be awsome! I'll keep working on him...

24. jakdupkustoms

jakdupkustoms

25. I saw those the other day. Awesome stuff. Question. Are you limited to early ford transmissions if you keep the k member and use those stiffeners?

26. If you carve up the stock K-member you can slip some other transmissions through, like the T5

27. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Congrats Steve..well deserved.

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool! I picked up the issue this morning and it's not the set of pictures I thought it would be. That's a top secret undisclosed location, not Steve's shop! Neat neat article, even neater product!

29. realdeal32

realdeal32

Allow me to add my congrats to you Steve! You do some fun stuff there in your 'laboratory'. It's always good to get recognition from the industry. BTW, It was painful watching you and Dr. Marvelous work through all of that expensive aftermarket crap to complete the build. Hope it finally rolled out the door...

bob