Register now to get rid of these ads!

Elegant 1930's Bumper... What's It Off ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ramblin Randy, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Ramblin Randy

Ramblin Randy

Picked this up at a yardsale last weekend.... sure is pretty to look at. 35 Ford only had two bumper bolts this one has four. Also the sides/arms have more of a gull wing sweep than the 35 Ford. Any guesses ???

[​IMG]

2. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like '35 Ford. The '36's were similar, but the ends were at a 45° angle.

I went back and took another look - maybe it is a '36, afterall

3. bob35

bob35
    from DFW, TX

Looks like 35/36 but it had something extra bolted to it (bumper guards, aftermarket lights, etc.). That would explain the extra holes.

4. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

35 and 36 ford are very similar except for the 45 degree sweep on the ends. I'd say it's a 36 ford.

5. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

6. Ramblin Randy

Ramblin Randy

UPDATE.... I looked at the bumper in person and it's pretty straight across the arms ( must have had my wide angle lens on the camera at the time dummy me ). Anyway there's those two "extra" bolt holes... looks like holes and not squares, just probably a add on for bumper guards or fog lights.

Thanks to all for the input.