Register now to get rid of these ads!

Electrolysis clean up question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chewie, May 19, 2005.

1. Chewie

Chewie

1st, I did a search and checked out several sites dealing with this with no luck. I get the technique and the safety precautions but my question is what do you do with left over "rusty" water after the parts are cleaned? I don't want to just dump it down the drain.

Basically, what is the correct way of disposing of this stuff?

Thanks

2. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

From what i've read on it...down the drain it goes! Just rusty, soapy water.
    Think about the suds that come from your washing machine and go down the drain!

Maybe you could pour it thru a paint strainer into another container before you pour it down the drain...that would remove the chunks first anyway.

3. Bugman

Bugman

There's really nothing toxic or environmentally unfriendly in it. Down the drain works fine. It all goes to the treatment plant anyway, unless your septic, in which case It will break down there too.

4. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

dumping it down the drain or in the dirt for that matter wont hurt anything. Iron oxide wont hurt any thing. might keep is away from plants though? the baking soda might do a number on them but i dont know.

5. polisher

polisher
    Alliance Vendor

As long as you haven't used stainless anodes the waste is not hazardous or controlled.
    Shitty yes, controlled no.

6. Scotch

Scotch

Actually, some of the lead in the seams ends up in the "muck" ... The guy doing my stuff has it disposed of professionally so its legal...but he's doing complete bodies too...

www.precisionresto.com

Scotch~!

7. SHRUM

SHRUM

I Pour It In My Wifes Flower Bed And When She Asks Me What Is Wrong With Them I Just Say I Dunno