Register now to get rid of these ads!

Electrolite 2200

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ornery37, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Ornery37

Ornery37
    from Texas

My friend has the art deco looking Electrolite 2200. Talked to Ryan and told me they are off of a 1937 La France Firetruck. These are not chrome and one bucket has damage where there is suppose to be a screw holding the two halves together.

Ryan told me what I could possibly get for them.
    My Question I would like to make him a fair offer (cause I want them), I was wondering what others might think what they are worth or what they might have bought a pair for?

2. Clark

Clark

They are Electroline headlights. they were aftermarket and did come on some LaFrance firetrucks. I paid under $200 for the 2 pair I bought.

They have gone on ebay for as high as $2500. Now they seem to be in the $1500 range in nice shape. Damaged would be a lot less. They are pot metal and as far as I know not weldable.

In the pic you'll see the headlight and an Electroline taillight.
    Clark

Attached Files:

3. 65 impala

65 impala

those are definitly headlights you dont see too often

4. Ornery37

Ornery37
    from Texas

yes, those are the ones except that there is no light/lens on top, it is casted to look like a light/lens

5. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

I've had several sets of these lights. Sold some for as little as $450 and as much as $1500. Bought 2 NOS sets (no park lights) on the auction site for $900 about 6 years ago.If the rings are missing almost impossible to buy.Cost to chrome rings between $300 and $700 (my area) depending on condition. Image shown is of one on my Roadster..............

Attached Files: