Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical electric fan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roger didonato, Sep 27, 2018.

1. roger didonato

roger didonato

Again, Any suggestions on a decent pusher fan in a 36 ford running a 350/350 stock motor? I know there are pro'& cons & preferences. Any help would be appreciated.

2. I think the first question should be, why a pusher? They don't get good reviews for their cooloing ability.
    Is your space behind the radiator so limited that a puller won't fit?

Phil

3. roger didonato

roger didonato

Using a short water pump & C.E. motor mounts, without modifying the firewall you can barely fit your fingers betweem the radiator & the pump snout.

4. Spal fan in my opinion the best on the market I believe they are stock on Ferrari’s

5. Second time today for this thread.:rolleyes:

Bandit Billy and XXL__ like this.
  6. swifty

swifty

I used a Spal 14" medium profile pusher on my 32-5 window. On your 36 you will have lots more clearance between the radiator and grill insert so may be able to run a 16'' high profile. Go to the Spal website and check out the dimensions as I would run the biggest one which will fit in your available area. My 14" pusher rarely comes on and only needs to run for a few minutes then cuts out. I am based out in the sticks so don't have to worry about stop/go traffic, traffic lights and all that bullshit. Would definitely recommend Spal.

7. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Delta.
    21st century design, low amp draw, well designed blades, no brushes to wear out.

Mike

8. RAK

RAK

Running a Cooling Components puller fan & shroud/Stewart short water pump/CE mounts/Bryce Thomas aluminum rad. No firewall mods & have lots of clearance, had a Walker before this and had same amount of clearance. This set up works great, wonder why you have less room? 012417135625.jpg

9. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Is moving the radiator an option?

Elcohaulic and Just Gary like this.
  10. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Brushless is the new deal , checked them out 2 years ago at sema

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I never was much of a fan of of pusher fans until I bought my ot made over there by Bavarians ot 600 buck beater. the pusher in that thing will move some air.
    I'm with them, go for the one with the rep for the best quality while moving the most air. This is one of those things where the cheapest isn't what you want.

12. I run a Spal 16" pusher to back up my flex fan and got the entire kit with the electrics and mounting on eBay, saved about $65 over what Summit wanted.

13. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

I have a SPAL 16 inch puller on my 34 ,it runs a temp switch in the bottom tank to a relay,,works great ,,I did have to make a bit of clearance to the pulley to clear the fan guard ,, 9D061A61-4B8B-4262-8F51-6A15F74A5825.jpeg