Register now to get rid of these ads!

Electric fan hitting radiator?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buck Sharp, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Buck Sharp

Buck Sharp
    from nebraska

Well i have a problem since i put my hood back on the 40 ford i had to move the radiator back and no longer could use my fan as a puller. I mounted it in front of my nice new AFCO radiator and guess what it worked good until i got it out and ran it hard through the gears. Now i have lots of bent louvers and some of the cores are pretty bent up but not leaking. The fan looks like a perma-cool fan unit. I could slide the fan back on the motor shaft for more clearance but do i need to flip the blade around the other way? How far away can one have a pusher fan and still keep the motor cool? Sure wish i could use the factory style fan but not enough room for one. the radiator has no mounting tabs on it so i have to use the zip ties through the core to mount it maybe i should get a fan with the s blades but i don't know. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FLX-398/ Not sure if this one would be better but sure don't want to buy another 500 dollar radiator. Thanks

2. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

wait a MINUITE... haven't I seen this post somewhere else....

3. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

This post brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department in Walla Walla Washington.

-Brad

4. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

The town so nice, They named it twice!

5. dadseh

dadseh

next thing you know we will find out he's fitted it to the front of the rad and reversed the fan and it still doesnt work!!!
    " I cut it twice and its still too short!" WTF??

6. Buck Sharp

Buck Sharp
    from nebraska

Delete this post please Ryan or whoever has the power to do so i had no clue this happened.. no clue how it posted to 2 threads. And you are a dumb ass. Go buy another built car.