Register now to get rid of these ads!

Elderly gent racing at the HAMB drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stan292, Sep 4, 2006.

1. stan292

stan292

Hey gang -

While walking through the staging area during the drags, I came across an elderly gentleman driving a true "nostalgia" hot rod. He was "no spring chicken" for sure, and I was a bit taken aback to notice he was actually wearing an oxygen cannula - while buckled into his "racer". Of course, I didn't have my camera along at the moment - and never found time to look him up later.

I sure thought he showed a ton of spirit though, and hope I hold up half as well as he has (not all that many years to go until I reach his age - LOL). He was a true example of an "oldie but goodie" HAMBer. A genuine inspiration for me, that's for sure!

Just wondering if anyone had gotten a photo of the fellow? He was in a roadster-style car, and I seem to recall it was a tan shade in color.

Anyone?

2. fatabone

fatabone

Are you talking about Don Webber? I'm pretty sure thats his last name. He's a very cool guy.

Attached Files:

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I also took a photo of his car this year. I really like it alot. If my memory serves me right he attended in 2004 as well cuz I think I remember the same car on the RT66 run that the Junk Brothers organized.

[​IMG]

4. You all should make sure the young girls rub against these old fellers. Do your part to keep the right parts limber and the right parts stiff. It won't be long before you are in those shoes. Remember, sitting in gramp's lap is TRADITIONAL!

Chili Phil, 90% geezer…

5. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Very cool guy and the car was white - I remember because I raced him!

Edit: It isn't the car pictured above.

6. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

followed him to the drags ,cool car.

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm not "young" but I do my part to help.:D ....and yes, if you would have shown up at the BBQ in Bakerfield last Oct I would have sat on your lap.;) :D

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

More clues result in ........

[​IMG]

9. Ohhh, I'll take ya up on that Denise. The Olds should be at the CHRR. And after the shiny goes on I'll even be in your neck of the weeds. I don't have to tell you that Old's like to be DRIVEN!

10. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

You gotta watch these old dudes...they be wise and treacherous! Prolly nothing wrong with his lungs--he limps to his car toting the oxygen bottle hooked up to his nose, coughs, wheezes...then, when no one is looking, he RIPS IT OUTTA HIS NOSE AND JACKS IT INTO THE VAC LINE FOR HIS WIPERS!
    Damn cheaters! Probabaly useta work for Barney Navarro.

11. My bottles contain nitrous oxide ! :D

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Not to hijack this thread but please explain in detail..... you coming to the HRR in Bowling Green in June perhaps???:D