Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features ElCamino's....Are prices heading skyward for these? Primarily the 1959 thru 1972 years.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2many projects, Aug 27, 2017.

1. I bought one 2 years ago that I knew I overpaid for. Now trying to fine another maybe a little more driver quality. My present one is perfect, too nice to haul trash in. What I'm finding now is very high prices for any condition El Camino. Are these becoming the next collectable SS396 Chevelle? Are El Camino's IMG_1342.JPG the new Gold Standerd?

els likes this.
  2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the economy is going up. prices of things we don't need go up accordingly.

i.rant and els like this.
  3. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Dude, the price of anything made before 72 is going up...even stuff you used to couldn't give away. Try pricing an old vw bus, for example.

els likes this.
  4. Yes they are - they were hammered hard after a few years after they were new - they were just an old trucks by then....hard to find unmolested.....

els likes this.

5. belair

belair

I've had 4, I think. Kind of a cult car. Either love or contempt from folks. I like them, and even the G bodies are pricey.

chevy57dude and els like this.
  6. I always liked them,I had a 1964 for about 3 months and sold it to a fellow club member. HRP

3925d9f5-a588-4e91-8794-c0ac7f7aa539.jpg

Elcohaulic, brEad, hendelec and 5 others like this.
  7. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

Wow is your wood blue?? Keep it that's a good year for the el camino. Belair In my area the G body is not that valuable. Sentimental yes. But I see G body for 200 -500 all the time. The only G body breaking banks is the turbo grand nationals. All the MC SS had 5. Slows. I once thought the G body was gonna be the new Chevelle but sadly no. I sold my G body (83 Monte Carlo) last year and have no sellers remorse because I can go buy one any day of the week. sorry to get off topic

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els and mike in tucson like this.
  8. Pre-'73s - yes - people are getting silly over them, and rightfully so for HAMB-friendly ones. I'm trying to move an OT G-body '87 with a V6 I've had for 20 years (need the space for my '63 T-birds) and keep dropping my asking price to the point that I'm screwed whether I sell for a loss or spend more $$$ to put a SBC in and hang on to it. Yet Haggerty and others (have seen two newspaper articles in the past month, including today) say Elkys will be getting 'hot' with the Millennial gear-head crowd. Great swap meet hauler, though. Would love to have a '58-'60 or '64-'65, but again, where to put the #### thing?

els and Donuts & Peelouts like this.
  9. I was looking several years ago (3-4) and you could find a good solid running 64-65 California one for around 3000 , Now they run 2500 to 3500 for one that needs every thing. I've got a lead on a 67 'factory air, pb and ps car for 1500 that's supposed to run. I'll see.

10. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I bought a 64 back in March. I paid $7,500. And it was it decent shape. I replaced the bed trim, as well as a few other things. It csme with warmed over 350 and 700R4. I saw some good deal while I was cruising Craigslist at the time. About a month ago, I went back on Craiglist and I was surprised on how much the prices went up. Of course, it doesn't mean that they will sell for price.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els likes this.
  11. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

By the way, here is a pic of my 64, taken last month (July)[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. 65elcamino.jpg I regret selling my 65. Like most it needed a new back panel from rust damage and I didn't want to pay the body shop bill.

jimcoop4, Elcohaulic, brEad and 7 others like this.
  13. Hey Allen....I might be interested. Send me a personal message

els likes this.
  14. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

yup the asking price dont exist to me. I'll kick a tire till its flat.
    then come back a week later and kick the flat off the rim and start working on the rim.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  15. I remember years ago prices were high also (for the time... '98ish) for 59-60, seems like it was a neck and neck race with the sedan deliveries. I bought and sold a '59.....but kept my '60. Looks like they're on the up tick again.

els likes this.
  16. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

These are not for sale...very hard to find good ones these days. IMG_6067.JPG IMG_0878.jpg

17. I bought mine just before I joined the hamb so that's a few years ago,it was very nice car/truck but the drivers side had many door dings from idiots in parking lots,had a sbc & a power glide. HRP

els likes this.
  18. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I would love to have one but they have went out of my price range

chevy57dude and els like this.
  19. 327Eric

327Eric

Mine is not for sale. I took it to a swap meet a few months ago as my parts hauler. I kept getting asked how much. My response was More than its worth. When I put a number on it, 18,000. No one blinked. By the end of the day I was at 25,000 , and I probably could have sold it. I know there was some swapmeet B.S. Involved, but Ive never had a car bring so much interest like this.

20. Folks - 2manyproject's '72 is that nice. Having seen it on the El Camino forum I will attest to that. The ' 72 I have is a driver fun car, not married to it. So if prices go up, I'm shittn' in tall cotton. Some guys at a recent show were saying one sold on BJ for a lot. That might be all it takes!

lothiandon1940 and enloe like this.
  21. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I have had a few of these back when you could buy them reasonable. I bought a '70 in 1981 for 500, wrecked that one so I bought a '68 from a guys mother who was tired of looking at it sitting in her yard for 250, then I traded a '71 nova for a '72 even up. Had a '73 and '79. I have wanted another one for a while but not for the prices they are getting. There was a '69 at the back to the '50s swap meet a couple of years ago that was a very nice older resto 350/pg with buckets and console for $13000 thought hard about it and still think about it.

2many projects likes this.
  22. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I bought these two for $500.00 for the pair about 12 years ago. I removed the AC from the dark one, and sold the AC for $475.00, then sold the rest of the car for $1500.00 as a roller. I sold $3500.00 in parts from the white one. it was all rusted to shit from the inside out.

60 ElCamino (13).JPG

23. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

I think anything that's "different" is getting more expensive.
    All the good 2 door trifive chevys and 49-51 fords are taken so if you want something other than a more door you've got to get creative and find a wagon or a truck.
    Also, I like having the only one in the neighbourhood, that's why I have the Wagon. I have 3 friends with '57 Belair's and one with a 210. No one I know has an elcamino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

Don't be discouraged guys. Look what I found just now. If u look you will find. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I'm were the deals are @

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. Roothawg

Roothawg

I see them regularly for under 2k. We just bought a 68 for dad. Paid $1200. He's doing a frame up, the whole LS deal. He's 79, I let do what he wants. It's gonna be a neat car, but right after we bought it I saw 4-5 in better condition for around 1500-1700.

26. sunbeam

sunbeam

1959 seams to be the high dollar ones.

27. Gman0046

Gman0046

I think y'all owning El Caminos have a case of wishful thinking. I just don't see them that much in demand.

Gary

28. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

near by me in Nor Cal there are about 20 ads on craigslist for '64- '72 El Co's from $750 - $28.5K

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  29. slowmotion

slowmotion

Had a '71 w/32K original owner miles. 350/270 th400 & a 12bolt. Put a cowl hood on it, changed color, and a set of rallys. Turned out a guy wanted it way more than I did. Lesson learned, never put a price ( no matter how ridiculous) on something you really don't want to sell....:(

clunker and 49ratfink like this.
  30. My dad actually bought and flipped them in the early seventies...he was making money back then on clean ones....since I was the one doing the cleaning !

pat59 and Donuts & Peelouts like this.