Register now to get rid of these ads!

El Raunchero - a work in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gokatgo, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Draglinks, you have a lot of nerve man... a whole lot of nerve. [​IMG]

2. Antibilly

Antibilly

SoRry guys I was a little buzzed last night and should not of said that. My bad...and today with the photshop pics it does look pretty wild
    SORRY FOR BEING A DICK. [​IMG]

3. Satinblack

Satinblack

Hey theres nothing wrong with being honest. I will say the workmanship looks great, but not somethingI would drive. Of course after Mai ki ki's lowering job it definetly looks better! Just goes to show you can lower anything and it makes things look 100 percent better!

4. to the bat truck, robin!! seriously, i think it's gonna be cool. i do like the chrome treatment in the photochop. less gaudy. awesome work, man

5. Damn I wish I could find something bad to say about it. [​IMG]
    Looks good friend. Good lines. Thanks for keeping us informed.
    The PknBner [​IMG]

6. Rix2Six

Rix2Six
    from So. Cal.

Wasn't too wild about it before but if you can get it closer to Decon's PhotoChop it starts looking pretty good.

7. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

I know I would be kind of pissed if I got discouraging comments on a project that is that ambitious. . . it's always a risk when you do something new. . . but it still sucks. The hard thing is separating the "let's make it like every other kustom" comments from the ones that really consider what you are trying to do.

That thing does look really great and a lot of the guys are saying so, but there might be a grain of truth in the constructive criticism.

As-is the car is looking really interesting and definitely fresh, but some of the subtle changes like the b-pillar mod and lowering might dial it in just that much more.

8. Mart

Mart

Looks good Chris.
    Psycho, there was a dodge like that set up for towing in the UK, it was owned by a drag racer (Picardo?? not sure) It was in Custom Car magazine.
    Mart.

9. gokatgo

gokatgo
    from Phx AZ

Yeah, I know my car is a disaster but I like it. It was cut into a truck in the late 60's by some hombre landscaper types. It was a 4 door Coronet. It was on it's way to the parts yard and I traded a 4 door chrysler windsor for it. I put a 400 wedge in it out of a 76 coronet. My plans are to lower the front more. I think fin cars look cool with a rake on em' I already have 2 inch blocks in the back and cranked down the tortion bars a little. It isn't a classic custom in anyones book so if you don't like it your not hurting my feelings any.

10. gokatgo

gokatgo
    from Phx AZ

I missed Dragqueens posts. It must have been a good one to get all the natives all restless.

11. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

A chop on that car is going to visually lengthen it a ton. IMHO it doesn't need to be (or look) any longer. Lower it and finish the bod and I think you got a winner. I seem to remember the before pics of that posted quite a while back. If that is the same car (truck) you have come a long way. Good job.

12. gokatgo

gokatgo
    from Phx AZ

Here is the El-Raunchero as it was when I aquired it.

Attached Files:

13. In the back of my mind it reminds me of Barney!!!!!

Attached Files:

14. Gr8ballsofir

Gr8ballsofir

C'mon Chris, go "Germ" on 'em! [​IMG]

Dodgezilla's looking great!

15. [ QUOTE ]
    Looks good Chris.
    Psycho, there was a dodge like that set up for towing in the UK, it was owned by a drag racer (Picardo?? not sure)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ih hell, yeah, I remeber that...way back in the 70's/early 80's before he built the Mini Semi tow truck.....

[​IMG]

16. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

I like it. It's screaming for bags all the way around, chrome reverses w/ spiders on US Royal Masters, elaborate chrome lakes or Bellflower tips, and a Watson-style panel job in various candies. Don't forget the white roll and pleat interior with contrasting piping...

You know you want to.

17. chaco

chaco
    from Modesto,CA

Yeah thats what i was thinkin, thanks decon

18. .

Attached Files:

19. Personally, I like it just the way it is!

The height is cool for the era of the car... dumped in front might be too low... maybe consider some lakes pipes?

Also, is there a trunk lid that you could modify to make a mini tail gate out back?

I like the yellow... it's refershing in a sea of suade.

I also dig the 60's Chevy pick-up duck tail on the roof (is that what it is?)

Anyway, good job!

Sam.