Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage El Mirage Spectating?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jguff, Jun 8, 2015.

1. jguff

jguff

Any tips on spectating at El Mirage? I see a two day event coming up this weekend since the May event was canceled. Thanks for any tips or information.

Jguff

2. take some binoculars and park at finish line where the return lane is. the event is simalcast so you can hear everything going on. AWSOME place and it feels like you stepped into a really old issue of HOT ROD magazine!

3. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I was there as a spectator a couple years back. I signed the liability waiver and hung around the starting line. The action is a lot closer than Bonneville. You can get a good view all along the course while walking through the pit area. Have fun-it's sacred ground. Sam

4. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

i was there last fall, its great for watching. you can go anywhere along the track. from starting line to finish. its marked off to keep you from wandering to close to the action. we started at the line and worked our way down the track from the side line to get a different prospective of the racing. really neat place to go. 1st time for me. really want to go again. we put it in with our trip to the HRR IN BAKERSFIELD. well worth the trip

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. mlagusis

mlagusis

How long do they run on Sunday? I was thinking of running up but can't make it until Sat night which means Sunday morning.