Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Edsel Roundup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mercmike430, Jan 31, 2013.

1. mercmike430

mercmike430

I'm taking on the worst part of the project right now. The really rusty windshield frame. It's coming along nicely. I've have the replacement set in there now. I'm not welding it in all the way until I take more measurements.[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Wow! I love Roundups and yours is looking good!

3. That job would scare the shit out of me!!!

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

You would have gone crazy over an Edsel stash I passed on a couple years ago. I went to a storage auction and one of the 10 x 20 units was filled to the brim with every Edsel part imaginable. Evidently, the guy was in the business because I don't think the average or even serious collector would have had that many parts.

In one corner stood a stack of side chrome pieces that you couldn't get your arms around. There were fenders, seats, motors, wheels, body panels, complete dashboards with all the gauges, etc, and tons of other stuff. We had to walk through the unit on a little path between all those parts and it was stacked high.

It only sold for $1000 and I considered buying it, but I realized I would have to move it all out and store it myself. Then I would have to research what all the stuff fit, advertise it on Ebay, sell it, and ship it. Seemed like too much work to me at the time. But if a guy knew Edsels, he could have made some good money on all of that stuff.

Don