Register now to get rid of these ads!

Edsel Lovers":Knock-Knock,anyone in there McFly?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TOM KITCHEN, Oct 11, 2008.

1. TOM KITCHEN

TOM KITCHEN

I have a 2-Door "60 Ranch Wagon at a NSRA meet and this Edsel Owner keeps insisting that Ford didn't make a 2-Door Wagon in '60 and that he owns a '59 Edsel Wagon, and that I should put an Edsel grille on my Wagon. He says any other 2 door wagons were "made" by someone from a 4 door. This is going to cause the shit to hit the fan, but I find that the people that have Edsels now are like the people that bought them new (McFly); NO SENSE OF STYLE! Your opinions (I'm sure I'll get a few)! Tom

2. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Well, I loved my 59 Edsel Ranger that now belongs to another Hamber, but that's just me. If you like 'em you like 'em. If you don't, then STFU about them. There are a lot of cars that I hate, but if it's what you like, then it's none of my beeswax. Capish? I think a 60 Edsel grille on your wagon would be fine. It didn't look anything like the quintessential Edsel horse collar grille anyway, so what's the issue. Just my .02.:D

3. Armstrong

Armstrong

Edsel guy or not,he's full of shit. I've seen several 2dr '61 Ford Ranch wagons. They were a factory model but there can't be too many of them around.

4. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

Ford had a 2dr. wagon in '60. '60 Fords just dont turn up. I passed on a red/red '60 Country Squire a few years ago....Damn!

I am with you and think that Edsel owners can be a bit odd sometimes...and I own 2 Ramblers so thats saying something! The guy was probably like 102 yrs old right?

Dont let yahoos bug you...Experts are everywhere.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres (3) 2 dr. wagons that Ford never made????:p

5. Squablow

Squablow

They didn't make any 2 door EDSEL wagons in 1960, maybe that's what he was trying to say. It would be cool to put all the '60 Edsel stuff on your Ford 2 door ranch wagon and then you'd have the world's only '60 Edsel two door wagon. I really like the styling of the '60 Edsel and if I had access to one for parts and a '60 Ranch wagon I might consider it.

Of course I'm an Edsel owning wierdo so what do I know.

6. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

Putting an Edsel front end on a '60 Ford would be like putting a Bea Arthur mask on Joan Rivers! Whats the point? Hey wait I almost bought a 58 Edsel Bermuda awhile back..I guess that makes me twice as weird..Ramblers and Edsels:eek:
    I guess being a weirdo is ok...

Of course I do think this is absolutely the most beautiful body style ever...............................................so how can I judge???

[​IMG]

7. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Good luck finding ANYTHING '60 Edsel though. I would love to have one, especially a wagon.

8. MissPrint

MissPrint

Strange Grrl, and Edsel owner here.

Pretty simple for me.

You may not think we Edsel owners have, as you put it a "SENSE OF STYLE," but at least we have enough TASTE to not enter into verbal combat with unarmed opponents.

9. Edsel didn't make 2 door wagons in '59 or '60, even though Ford did.

A 2 door Phantom Villager would be cool since the '58 Burmuda is like the E holy grail.

I am weird I guess, I have a '59 Villager 6P and I like it. :p

10. I'm way late to this party but I worked for a small construction company in northern Illinois just out of school and one of the brothers who owned the co. drove a '60 2dr Ford wagon in the company colors of white over creamy yellow. Impractical, and that is why there weren't many made, unless you had a family and didn't want the kids jumping out of the back doors on the highway, but they sure as heck were '60 Ford two door wagons, a fact that was already established before I read this thread.

11. Gotta check in as a 58 Edsel "two door station wagon" owner.

Yeah,were wierd but who could define normal on this web site :eek:

Project is in the works and progressing nicely.Pics soon to come.

Oldmics

12. edsel

edsel

There was less then 3000 total Edsels built in 1960 and no 2dr wagons, the guys was trying to suggest you have the only one ? then you could here from all those experts how some family member used to drive one just like yours ! too much fun hahahahaha

edsel