Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Edmunds Desoto 2x2 intake manifold

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Brett Wells, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Brett Wells

Brett Wells

Hi found a old Bell Auto parts catalouge, lists a Ednunds alloy intake for 276, and will fit a 291 Desoto also, its lists as 2x4 bolt duplex carb, but I found a guy on the Hamb who posted he had a 2x2 barrel Edmund intake for his low deck Desoto that he modified into a blower manifold, so has anybody got any photo's or info on this Edmunds 2x2 manifold, I originally thought the Bell Auto listing might be a 1x2 Carter WCD 4 bolt carb? any help would be awesome! This site is the most! Keeping the fire lit in the FIREPOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is my 6x2 Dragstar manifolds below! s-l1600 (56) - Copy.jpg

silent rick likes this.
  2. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Nice intake and yes the 4 bolt carb is the carter WCD or at least it is on my redram. I would like to also see the intake manifold for the blower. I say this because you can just mount a plate to the CARBURATOR bolts. I just was to know how is the pop off valve incorporated and was a 671 or 471 snout used.

3. silent rick

silent rick

is that drag star for a dodge? i thought the desoto part number was WDS6. i don't know, it's been a long time.

4. sdroadster

sdroadster

This is my roadster that I sold like a fool. I bought the Edmunds 2x2 on the internet for more money than it should have been, and made aluminum adapters, to mount 94s. IMG_1252[1].JPG

Lil'Alb, slayer, Brett Wells and 6 others like this.

5. 36brothers

36brothers

Thanks for sharing the photo.:D
    I have the Edmunds 2x2 for early Chrysler Hemi that someone did a pretty decent job of modifying for 94s.
    Hopefully some day it will live again, to many other projects.:confused:

6. @marshall Did you find one? Or making a modified one?

7. silent rick

silent rick

that rare stuff always cost more money than it should

continentaljohn likes this.
  8. Didnt Charlie Price at Vintage Speed buy the Edmuds name and all assorted tooling? Maybe give him a call

9. sdroadster

sdroadster

IMG_1251[1].JPG I bought it from Charlie Page, it was a real Edmunds, and even in 2004 it was stupid money, but I had to have it....

10. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Rick , what ever happened to the intake that you had:D
    thank you Buddy

silent rick likes this.
  11. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Here's my Edmunds 2x2 for a low deck Desoto. I've had it for 25 years and have only seen 2 others since. One on a purple 32 roadster in Minnesota, and another at a swap meet that I shoulda bought but didn't because someone had taken a grinder to the name.

Desoto intake.jpg

Lil'Alb, continentaljohn and Deuces like this.
  12. silent rick

silent rick

funny thing is now i have a dodge hemi to use it on. i have a weiand 4x2 for it though. still have the desoto in the 46 too.

i likes me those hemis

13. Brett Wells

Brett Wells

Hi there Yes the Desoto part #WDS6, all the best Brett

14. Brett Wells

Brett Wells

Hi there all, thanks for sharing the photo's of the Edmunds Desoto 2x2, great to see these manifolds still around!
    I hope to get a pair of Edmunds Early Dodge Hemi valve covers for my 325 Dodge hemi for my 32 Ford pick up one day, all the best Brett

classiccarjack likes this.