Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Edelbrock Streetmaster or SP2P

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Truckdoctor Andy, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Ok Everyone, I was reading a post on here at lunch today and someone mentioned an Edelbrock C3B intake. That got me to thinking about old Edelbrock intake manifolds. I did some Googling and I’ve seen ads for the above manifolds, but never seen one in person. I realize they might be on the opposite ends of the performance spectrum, but have you guys ever used these? What were your experiences? Good, Bad, Indifferent? My interest is mostly Small Block Chevrolet, but I’d like to hear all stories.Stories of other Edelbrock manifolds would be great as well.
    Andy

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. squirrel

squirrel

sp2p has nothing going for it, at all..

3. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Aluminum scrap metal... So many good dual planes available.

5. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

sp2p gas milage intake, made with small runners to keep velocity up but upper rpm worthless.

Had one on a 400 pontiac, lasted about 2 months and went back to factory intake.....

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  6. sunbeam

sunbeam

The only thing a sp2p has going for it if it is for a ford FE your back won't hurt as bad.

vtx1800, Truckdoctor Andy and fauj like this.
  7. I ran a SP2P on the SBF in my Willys 4WD wagon years ago. It was great for low RPM torque; you could stomp on it at 20 mph in 4th gear and it would just pull away up to 80; and may have helped the mileage a little. NOT a performance manifold...

Tman and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  8. This is good, I got one with my 283 and am looking for a mileage motor for my daily!

9. Like others said super small runners, I just sold one. The C3B (and C3BX) are kinda like the early version of the Performer. The Streetmaster is an open plenum, had one on an FE 390. Yes, I know this post is old :).

Truckdoctor Andy and Tman like this.
  10. outagas1961

outagas1961

had one on a dodge van 318 years ago, made good torque and helped mileage a little but not a performance intake.

11. This is why I am happy one came with my engine. The torque will be great. My slightly over carbed 350 I had in my 54 Chevy got a solid 20 to 21 mpg. About the same a s my old daily ranger. Anything close to that or better is fine for a hot rod parts hauler. And FWIW I drive 25-30 miles each way to my day job. Many times I take extra days off on the even weeks so I do not come to town every day. Besides, country sunrises and sunsets are worth staying home

12. Holley Street Dominator ll, similar to the 1970 LT1 intake, good to 7k

20210417_170428.jpg 20210417_170417.jpg 20210415_193154.jpg

Truckdoctor Andy and Tman like this.
  13. outagas1961

outagas1961

most street driven cars hardly ever get north of 3000 rpm so if i was building a "mileage" motor I would look at an SP2P and possibly Q-jet , nice quick advance curve- small dual exhaust with crossover, and possibly a bowl pocket cleanup on heads if your that far into the motor. oh ya and of course overdrive of tall rear gears.