Register now to get rid of these ads!

Edelbrock oil filler cap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magsnubby, Oct 1, 2010.

1. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

So i'm in the T-Bucket cruising down the freeway and i notice what looks like a fine mist of oil on my windshield. I'm thinking this ain't so good. So i hit the next off ramp, pull into a parking lot, jump out and immediately notice the oil filler tube cap has vibrated almost completely off (Edelbrock Performer EPS intake with the stock Edelbrock cap). So i shoved it back on and drove on home (about 5 miles). By the time i got home it had almost vibrated off again. I grabbed the cap off of another new in the box EPS intake i had ordered a few days ago and tried the cap on the T-Bucket. It fits a little better but i can tell after a few freeway miles i'll probably have an oil soaked windshield.

Is their some kind of secret to making those things fit? Throw them away and buy something else? Duct tape? A big fucking hammer?

2. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

If it has a rubber gasket,Try a thicker one. Or if it a 1/4 turn cap,Try tweaking the ears so that it fits tighter.