Register now to get rid of these ads!

Edelbrock Intake Manifold Install

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64impala, Jan 11, 2013.

1. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I use high tack on the cork and just a dab of rtv at the corners. Mine is permatex brand and is kinda maroon in color. Seals great, kinda messy, I use a dab on many gaskets to get them to stick where they go during assembly.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We are going through exactly this same thing right now, removing one intake and installing a new aluminum intake. We had used The Right Stuff in place of end seals and it came right off with a single edge razor blade and then some 100 grit sandpaper to get back to bare metal. We toss out the rubber end seals and just use The Right Stuff exclusively now.

For the intake gaskets themselves our engine guy recommends black RTV, and that is what we used on the last intake as well. We had a persistent water neck leak the last time around and when we used the Right Stuff it never leaked again, and we even forgot to put the paper gasket on. :) They named that product appropriately, it is the right stuff.

Don

3. Crookshanks

Crookshanks

Just bought two cans from Jegs. That stuff is amazing. My Dad and I have used it exclusively for years. He calls it "girly shit". Works great as a sealer and repositionable adhesive.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Thats what I said its some bad ass shit man.