Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Edelbrock (flathead) pistons?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nmpontiac, Aug 23, 2016.

1. I'm gathering up parts to freshen up the '53 Merc flathead I bought a while back and was going to order some piston rings - seems lotsa folks have the 5/64 - 5/64 - 3/16 sets, but measuring the ones on the pistons gave me 3/32 - 3/32- 5/32 , which made me wonder what pistons these were. The motor is a 3 5/16" X 4 1/8". I got looking at the pistons and inside the skirt where they're machined, it says Edelbrock. Does anybody know when Edelbrock made pistons? Where can I get rings for these?- BTW they have full floating pins. DSCN1868.JPG

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. ground pounder

ground pounder
    from ontario

3. Andy

Andy

I had a set also. They were 3 7/8 x 3 3/8. It was a really old build. I asked Vic E about them and he was unaware they ever made them.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  4. This engine was put together in '65 - '67 - had to be a pretty badass motor for then. There's another cast set of letters on the other side - looks like maybe JE 95 (may be JE 65) but it's really hard to tell.

5. Just in case someone down the line needs this info, Grant has a ring set for this - it's P2360, and Craig at Grant was very helpful. I don't think they sell direct but he gave me a couple ways to get them. Good folks to deal with.