Register now to get rid of these ads!

Edelbrock being sold?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1935Ron, May 13, 2010.

1. Choptop

Choptop

Really? What did Mercedes strip off of Chrysler?

Mercedes lost a TON on the deal. They gained nothing from Chrysler technology.

2. Choptop

Choptop

and business owners dont?

hate to tell you... but no one is making hot rod parts on a large scale as a hobby.... its a business, designed to make a profit, no matter who owns it... single person or venture capital group.

3. [​IMG] "Ya know the Germans always make good stuff"

4. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

5. 2002p51

2002p51

To: Edelbrock Customers<o></o>
    <o></o>
    John Colaianne, President<o></o>
    Steve Whipple, Vice President - Sales<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Date: June 7, 2010<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Subject: Investment in Edelbrock by Industrial Opportunity Partners<o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    On behalf of the employees, management team and ownership of Edelbrock LLC and its affiliates (“Edelbrock” or the “Company”), we are pleased to announce that Industrial Opportunity Partners (“IOP”), a Chicago-based private equity firm, has made an investment in Edelbrock.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    As we are all aware, the last few years have been a challenging time for our industry. Despite this difficulty, the Edelbrock team did not lose sight of our commitment to innovation and quality for our customers. The investment from IOP will allow us to continue and expand this focus on developing new and exciting products, such as our supercharger line, across a wide range of applications.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    The Edelbrock management team led by Vic Edelbrock and John Colaianne will continue to manage the Company. The Company personnel that currently provide you with the professional and responsive service that you have experienced over the years will continue to do so. The Edelbrock management team is extremely enthusiastic about continuing to provide our customers with quality products and the highest levels of service in order to support your needs.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Please feel free to contact us with any questions. Thank you for your continued support of Edelbrock.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Sincerely,<o></o>
    <o></o><o></o><o></o>
    <table class="MsoNormalTable" style="width: 6.7in; border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="643"> <tbody><tr style="height: 13.5pt;"> <td style="padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 153.9pt; height: 13.5pt;" valign="top" width="205"> Steve Whipple<o></o>
    Vice President - Sales<o></o>
    (800) 221-1666 ext. 2002<o></o>
    [email protected]<o></o>
    </td> <td style="padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 157.5pt; height: 13.5pt;" valign="top" width="210"> John Colaianne<o></o>
    President<o></o>
    (310) 972-2701<o></o>
    [email protected] <o></o>
    </td> <td style="padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 171pt; height: 13.5pt;" valign="top" width="228"> Vic Edelbrock<o></o>
    Chairman<o></o>
    (310) 972-2700<o></o>
    [email protected] <o></o>
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <o>
    </o>

6. Judd

Judd

Chrysler Credit, it was the only thing making money at least till the banking crash.

7. Choptop

Choptop

Germans?

Forget it, he's rolling.

8. Hmmm, that sounds suspiciously like what I said in post 176 :cool:

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

It is a nice reinforcement of what you said.

And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go

10. slammed

slammed

So what or who are the Investment Opportunity Investor's? Money loaned to expand in these trying time's. I hope I'm wrong.

11. Sealed Power

Sealed Power
    from TN

12. bobscogin

bobscogin

"Industrial Opportunity Partners, LLC (“IOP”), based in Evanston, IL, is a private equity investment firm with $185 million of committed capital focused on acquiring and managing middle-market manufacturing and value-added distribution businesses. Utilizing its operations-focused approach and dedicated Board of Operating Principals, IOP has a proven track record of stabilizing, growing and enhancing the value of its acquired businesses. "

What I read into that is that they're in control. Wonder how many members of the the "dedicated Board Of Operating Principals" are hot rodders. Sounds like just so much MBA bullshit.

Bob

13. Butcher Boy

Butcher Boy

I think Vic knows what he's doing and is doing it for the right reasons. His company has some of the best and most modern equipment out there for building parts, heads etc. The foundry is the best around and in Calif. He has a lot to offer in experience and the only reason for he's move is the down turn we are in. My guess is he will use the money to promo his business and when its on it feet again buy back the interest. imho

14. Judd

Judd

Yes and nobody will lose their job.

15. AG F/C

AG F/C

This is the f-ing right thing to do. When strapped for cash or just tired of dealing with the day to day BS and lack of activity pass it on to some one who will keep it going. Play this against throwing up his hands and closing their doors (happens all to often) I think the decision is sound. VEJ will still be in the picture and a part of the decision making process. The only change is new money and a new willingness to fight for their place in a ever changing market place.

They will probably have to out source more to places with a lower labor rate to stay competitive but so long as the quality control keeps their guard up you'll continue to get a good solid Edelbrock product.

Yeah it sucks to lose a piece of of a piece Americana but it could be worse.:eek:

16. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

did they go to "rehab" ?

17. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

I hear most of the employees were laid off and the bankers are running the place for the last year

18. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

I wish Edelbrock the very best, and I look forward to supporting them in the future.

After all, just how many parts makers are still around from the "old days"?

I have to respect Vic for actually putting his money where his mouth is when it comes to "made in the USA", maybe to his companies own demise. Few people have such strength of character.

19. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Well now, this proves it; there is no gravity, the whole world sucks!!!! Butch/565sedandelivery.

20. I think Vic will do whatever it takes to keep Edelbrock going like he has done in the past through the tough times. I have always been amazed that he has kept it going right in LA while most others have left the state or the country for that matter. During Deuce Week in '07 he gave our group a personal tour of the entire facility and he was a gracious and engaging host. So I wouldn't count him out just yet, his DNA is pure "Hot Rod" and the company is his life.

21. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

The Edelbrock guys at the York show say it's not true.

22. bobscogin

bobscogin

The wife is always the last to know.

Bob

23. bowtie40

bowtie40

This is just another case of America selling off it's heretige to the highest bidder. I'll bet that when he gets to heaven, his old man is gonna is call him to the wood shed, for a good ol fashioned ass whippen...

24. They say what's not true, that Vic's own letter explaining that they sold a portion to an investment group is a lie? Did you read the whole thread, particularly post 185
    And you must not have understood what Vic said either.

25. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

so...I guess the Edelbrock stuff I have with the US flag on it will become a collectible?

dj

26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Can people please read the whole thread before running off at the mouth?

27. Larry T

Larry T

Maybe, but I've got Edelbrock parts in the shop right now with Made in Taiwan stickers on them.
    Larry T

28. Ha HA , now there's a novel idea :cool:

29. Apparently ADD is more widespread here after reading the some of these posts..........

30. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

no shit? I had a hunch their new 409 water pumps were being built overseas. Or at least the rough castings were. Other companys like Speedway are using the same exact casting. My new intake still has the "Made in the USA" sticker on it. Maybe got of the last ones!