Register now to get rid of these ads!

Edelbrock being sold?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1935Ron, May 13, 2010.

1. any body hear anything about this rumors that the iconic American speed equipment manufacturer Edelbrock will sell controlling interest of the company to a German venture capital group.

read it on another site

2. Here's what I heard;
    Agent 1320 has been hearing rumors for about two weeks that the iconic American speed equipment manufacturer Edelbrock will sell controlling interest of the company to a German Venture Capital group. Sources have confirmed to the agent that the sale of the company is about 95% complete and that when it is finished company founder Vic Edelbrock will still own a minority interest in the company stock. What will happen at the U.S. based Company once the sale is completed and made public is unknown. Neither Edelbrock nor the German supposedly involved have released any official comment but our sources indicate that this is more than just a rumor and the official announcement could come at any time. We are glad to see that Edelbrock is evidently going to be around for a while to come.

3. Slow55

Slow55

EdelBroken?

4. Thumper

Thumper

Ohhhh shit....... this could be ok.......or....not.

5. Voh

Voh

.....UMMMM I say its not ok. If an international company get hold of a company like Eldebrock, it most likly will be the start of the end for the "gas drinking" hot rods. remeber-the US causes all the polution for the world....

It cant be good.

6. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

This is the first I have heard of this, and it can't bode well for hot rodders around the world. There is a possability that nothing will change, but I doubt it.

7. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

I wonder if they will keep production here in the USA? Edelbrock has been big on advertising that thier parts are made in the USA.

8. Labold

Labold

1st of I've heard of it.

9. What will be will be!

10. Vulture capital group ?

What do they know about the automotive aftermarket ?

If this goes through, look for them to close their US foundry.

11. Walmart used to advertise Buy American. Not any more.

12. brad chevy

brad chevy

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ if they are buying the company but they wouldn"t be stupid enough to change a good selling product,at least hes not selling it to the Japs like most of the big companies are.German made stuff has always been good quality.

13. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I'm not too worried, if they build to German standards I think everything will work out fine.

14. First I heard of it , this is gonna suck!

15. have always been very happy with all there products and service over the years.... what can you say about the history of this great company....A shame at any rate ,

16. 19-c

19-c

Edelbrock seems to do well at what they do. I would doubt that investors would change a "good thing" because of a eco friendly agenda. Investors do whatever MAKES MONEY $$$$ some would even prostitute thier own mothers I would guess that if ownership does change hands you will not notice any recognizable difference in the way they do business or the products that they sell

17. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Vic,SHAME ON YOU!!

18. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

Vic never said anything to me about this!

19. kisam

kisam

It saddens me, I hope it is only a rumor!

20. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

Well,,,at Vics age ,,i hope he gets a BILLION bucks for it and takes a well deserved vacation ,,besides,,,,it could be a hellava lot werse ,,China,,Taiwan,,Bangledesh,,Russia ???!!!,,at least German investers will want to get a good return on their investment and maybe ,,just maybe ,,,Edelbrock will be even better ,,
    New NHRA Drag Strips in Germany ???

21. BigNick1959

BigNick1959

The history of Venture CAPITAL groups is to bust out a company and make $$ selling the parts. I really don't see this group making manifolds and selling them to American Hot Rodders. So-Long Edelbrock.

22. RadioFlyer

RadioFlyer

I always figured one of his daughters would be the next one to step up to the helm and take over.
    Sibling rivalry going on maybe? Or they just don't want anything to do with it either? Just sell it and avoid family bickering?

Alex.

23. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy

I agree, the foundry will be the first to go..

24. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

edelbrock quality has gone down in recent years. intakes arent as meticulous as they used to be, carbs are touch and go. germany may be a good choice for the company

25. jchav62

jchav62

26. bobscogin

bobscogin

He doesn't deserve your comment. I think it's a bit arrogant to chastise the man. It's his business, he built it up from what was handed to him, and he's earned the right to do what's in his best interest. Many family businesses end up being sold for a variety of reasons, and he apparently has his.

Bob

27. LAROKE

LAROKE

Well. maybe. Just remember, Mercedes bought Chrysler, stripped the company, then sold the rotting corpse. Now, it's the taxpayers problem.

Besides, German engineering has a shelf life. Just ask anybody who has a ten year old mercedes. I'll bet Crossfire owners (mercedes suspension) are going broke with repair bills.

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  28. It has been a family built/run business, it would be great if it could remain that way. I can appreciate Vic is getting a bit older, yet he does have a daughter/s, who are involved in the business. More than likely, everyone on this board, has had one, or another of their products on our cars..yet they didn't ask us. Bottom line, it is their's to do with it what they will.

29. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

As mentioned, Venture Capital Groups are notorious for dismantling acquisitions and selling off the parts for profit leaving nothing left but paperwok and history.
    Nonetheless Mrs. Edelbrock, Vic Sr. and Vic Jr., have served this market well for decades upon decades and the best of luck to Vic Jr.. Vic Jr.s position as a minority partner just gets him extra profit after the sale...good move.

Remember this every time you see someone whining about the cost or quality of American goods. Watch in a few months as the trucks begin loading the equipment and heading south of the border or to be containerized and boarded on a ship for the South Seas.

30. Probably a good time to stock up on any Edelbrock parts you have wanted or will want in the future. I can already see the prices skyrocketing as soon as this goes public and is formally announced. Think I will get that total power package for a 307 I'm building asap!