Register now to get rid of these ads!

Edelbrock 94's. Wheres the Love??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Enbloc, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Theres a ton of info out for the new 97's but next to nothing for the Edelbrock 94's.

Who out there has bought and run these new carbs? Quality? Performance?

2. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

There was some stuff on the hamb when they first came out, some people tried them, it was all bad reviews. Junk in them from the factory, poor machining, porous castings, ran poorly, just a ton of bad shit.

3. I don't know about the new ones, but I have a tripower intake I plan on running three of the old ones on.

4. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

pretty sure you are talking about the speedway 9super7....

5. The Edelbrocks are very good from all the research I have done. Some people do not like the non-authentic phillips screws but that's personal. They are USA made and Edelbrock quality.
    Some dealers are now selling an import knock off at around $275.00 but they are not the Edelbrock.
    I ended up with a beautiful 94 rebuilt by Speedjunkee (alliance here on the HAMB) for a lot less. It's the real McCoy and is better than new.
    My 2 cents.

Bryan

6. swissmike

swissmike

I just got two from Hotrod Chassis here on the HAMB and he gave me a great deal on them. I was a little disappointed with some details like the brass bowl plugs having screwdriver marks from using a regular screw driver. The idle mixture screws have really strong springs which makes it hard to feel when they're all the way in. When I removed them for the first time 3 of the 4 screws had pretty nasty marks on the taper. They have a very long taper unlike some original 94s I have.
    The lower bowl castings are a little on the rough side. Another minor issue i found is that the plate with the 3 holes for the accelerator pump rod engagement is attach on the shaft with a regular screw unlike a flush rivet on the originals. The screw head touches the rod linkage at WOT and keeps the throttle from completely opening, especially in the two inner hole positions. I will try and use a flat head screw and see if it clears the linkage.
    I have not run the yet so can't comment on that aspect.

7. Great info, thats the sort of feedback I like to hear.

Still no one actually have them working on the road?

8. I have one on a customers car and it ran great. I just noticed that something inside seized and broke the link between the linkage and accelerator pump. I can't open it yet as I'm trying to get it warrantied, I hope they will because I don't see a replacement link on edelbrocks website.

9. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Anybody have any update info or reviews?

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

11. oj

oj

I have a set coming, they are due to be shipped on the 28th. I'll let you know then how they do. I'm putting them on a sbc.

12. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Thanks oj......Please give us a review and thoughts.

13. Still not much info around.

I don't think people are buying because original 94's are still common and cheap to buy.

The let down on them seems to be the bases. They are aluminium. Cheap to make but will suffer from heat soak and also they have no bushes fitted for the throttle shafts! The shafts run directy on the aluminium bases. It won't take long for the holes to become sloppy and prone to sticking, not good.

14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

15. Yea, but pretty easy fix. I bet after awhile, they will sell bushings to drill out your bases and install.

16. We ran 2 on a customers flathead with a reg duel intake. Seemed to be easy enough to tune & they still run great so far. They leak a little but... I also didn't like the modern phillips head screws so I switched em out to stainless cheese heads. They've been great so far I can't complain much..

Attached Files: