Register now to get rid of these ads!

Edelbrock 3 deuce manifold and 94`s

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hb32, Jun 18, 2013.

1. I am thinking of putting the Edelbrock tripower with the 94`s on my Ford 5.0 more for the look then performance. No luck finding any threads on this. Anyone have this on their car?

2. best2923

best2923
    from north Id

If you want the look go with a flatty.

3. You are absolutely right on that but at least there is a Ford in my Ford.

4. creepjohnny

creepjohnny

Is everyone asleep?!
    If you want the look over performance, then block off the outer carbs and then you will get simplicity in dealing with 1 carb working, and good gas mileage.

5. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Have that set up on my 57. Not a 5.0 but a yblock. My suggestion is to set the engine up with a stock intake/carb set up & get to run as good as you can before you go to the 3x2 intake. Then I would install the 3x2 intake & block off the end carbs & get that to run its best before I ran all 3 carbs. My .02

6. Are you using the factory Holley setup or the new Edelbrock system with the 94`s?

7. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I have this setup on the 283 I am putting in my '40 pickup.Get the angle cut butterflies for the two end carbs, Speedway sells them, then fit them tightly so that you cannot see any light at the contact points. Use progressive linkage and you should be good to go.

8. Pimpin37zephyr

Pimpin37zephyr

Hb32. I'm hoping to do the same thing with my 37 zephyr, it has a 5.0 with fuel injection, wish the v12 was there but it long gone so I going to try to make what I have a little more old school. The edelbrock set up seems to be the ticket. But I can fine little info on the swap, the best info has been on mustang sites converting fuel injection to 4 barell carb. Good luck

9. I started off with the EFI but gave up while trying to clean up a Ford Racing harness and used a Edelbrock F4B along with a Holley 650dp. It runs fairly well. I also swapped the cam for an E303, with a set of Edelbrock performer heads.
    Not really the look I want hence the thread looking for more info. As you are finding out as well, I can`t find anyone using it.

10. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

I'm using original Holley 7RT model carbs. Plenty of parts are available for Holley 94 carbs. Vintage Speed carries parts you might need but some guys on here have had trouble dealing with them. I haven't myself.

11. I have the manifold coming but have not pulled the trigger on carbs. Lots of reading on here and in other places.
    I have been in contact with several carb rebuilders on a complete set up for my 5.0 including linkage with the necessary provisions completed for a tri power. What should I be looking for carb wise as in model # and pit falls to avoid, questions to ask, recommended rebuilder?
    I know the performance won`t be the same as my 650 DP and F4b manifold.
    Thanks and want to do it right the first time.

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Have you called Edelbrock? I've had good success with their techs.

13. I will if I have problems setting up the outers but running nice so far on the primary.

14. Mike Moreau

Mike Moreau

If you have not already do so, search the HAMB for "Holly 94 info and "links to Holly 94 technical info". Running progressive linkage requires the end carbs to be modified and a very different set up than running all three together. Good luck.

15. End carbs have the idle circuits and chokes removed if this is what you are talking about?
    Carbs were built by dickster here on the HAMB for progressive linkage.
    I also modified the primary for timed vacuum using the Holley 94 technical info and it is working properly.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  16. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

I was going to comment till I read that last post about using progressive linkage.
    There is no way you will ever know how well that manifold could have performed with straight linkage and 3 48's.

17. Tell me more.:confused:

18. Mike Moreau

Mike Moreau

"End carbs have the idle circuits and chokes removed if this is what you are talking about? Carbs were built by dickster here on the HAMB for progressive linkage.
    I also modified the primary for timed vacuum using the Holley 94 technical info and it is working properly."

Yes, the idle circuit block offs was what prompted my comments. Your previous posts did not give much in the way of details as to what you had done or the extent of your research. Since you requested "more info", I attempted to add some. Dickster will get you set up properly. Seems like you are on top of it.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

19. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

Why bother with a 3 pot if you are only going to realize half the potential?

20. hb32, have you got it running on all three carbs yet?
    What is your fuel pressure?

21. Not yet on 3 and px is 2.5 - 3 psi. Regulator is not accurate according to indication.