Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Eddie Thomas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by good captian, Nov 25, 2017.

1. To all you Aussies in the States in case you havent heard Australia drag racing legend Eddie Thomas funeral was held last Thursday he was 99 . RIP

2. I just read an article that he still worked 4 days a week at his engineering factory up to the age of 97. Looking rather fit in the photo from that article. R.I.P.
    Bet there are plenty of old grey Melbourne guys like me who drooled at all the stuff in his speedshop. Eddie Thomas..png EddieThomas.jpg

3. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

i bet there are some good stories from this gentleman. r.i.p.

4. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

A sad loss to our Australian Industry.

5. That's a great pic of his 1st rail, used a 318 Poly & front mounted blower, then jumped straight to the 426 Hemi version.........RIP.

6. Eddie with his wife in a racing Ballot. The other two pics i posted on 17 April in Vintage shots of days gone bye thread not realising it was Eddie behind the wheel and getting airborne.
    Eddie Thomas Ballot.jpg Eddie Thomas RobRoy 1.png Eddie Thomas RobRoy 2.jpg

7. rooman

rooman

The second dragster started life with a big block Mopar wedge. He ran the wedge for a long time prior to fitting the hemi.

Roo