Register now to get rid of these ads!

Eddie Miller Lakester....revisited???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anderhart Speed, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

So me and a few friends (of O/T automobile interests) were just shooting the shit the other night when I brought up the Eddie miller lakester as an example of what individuals have done as opposed to big corporations. Well they were pretty impressed once I found pictures and told 'em how fast it ran. Then the ideas starting coming around...which led to us talking about building one. They think it would be cool as hell, but I'm just not sure its something that SHOULD be done, as the car is essentially a deity in the hot rod world. The ideas we came up with was to do the car, with traditional parts, but as a street version. The powerplant wasn't decided on, and (gasp) independent suspension was mentioned. I think it would be cool if it was done all traditional but as a street version, as if eddie miller put the car on the street after he raced it. This is purely hypothetical, just figured it might be a fun topic of conversation.

So what are your thoughts?

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

That is one car I just couldn't picture cobbled up into a street car, but don't let me stop your fantasy.

3. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Guys build tanks to run on the street. What the heck. Start hanging all sorts of A frames and coil overs and what not out in the breeze and it wont take long to stop looking pretty and start looking like lots of parts. The car never was fast but was a jewel of workmanship. It is clean. That is the hard part to duplicate on a street driven car.