Register now to get rid of these ads!

Eddie Martinez interiors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old Roadster, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Show your Eddie Martinez interiors, he did one for me back in the sixties. Beautiful, Is he still around? Where is he. I just read a article in ck deluxe that showed his old shop truck. Where is he now?

2. twochops

twochops

old shop sign-next to Bill Hines

Attached Files:

3. Old Rod

Old Rod
    from Brazil, IN

Here is pic of my 29' back cushion done by Martinez in the 60's. The bottom
    cushion still looks just as good, not handy for me to take pic of at this time.
    Bob

Attached Files:

4. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

Ive been searching online for a couple years for info on him with no luck. Would love to see more of his work!

5. Old Rod

Old Rod
    from Brazil, IN

I understand he is still in business, however has a lot of the work done by
    other people in his shop. Bob

6. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

April Rod and Custom, pg. 39 interior by Eddie Martinez.

7. twochops

twochops

O.R -- In your PM you mention a truck what is the make and year?

TwoChops

8. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

9. rickster90706

rickster90706

so glad to find folks talking about my boss, my friend, the legendary EDDIE MARTINEZ !! yes he is still around and kicking. just 2 weeks ago he got his left knee hindge replaced at USC, and is now at home recovering. he is now 71 years old and has the usual aches and pains for a man his age but that dont stop eddie from quitting. he still has his business here in bellflower ca. though he is not doing any work right now, we are planning to finish a 41 merc convertible.

i am new to this FORUM stuff, but i plan on showing some old and recent pics of some of eddies work. :cool:
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments --><FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Images</LEGEND></FIELDSET>

Attached Files:

10. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

He used to work for Barris...

Enough said.

Eddie is one of the coolest historic Hot Rodders still around. He has always been patient with me and eager to show his work and talk about the past.

I've been missing being able to drop by his shop lately...

11. rickster90706

rickster90706

yes eddie is doing better now and walks on his own power. and still wants to finish that 41 merc.

im still working on those pics i promised... theyre in the works.

ricky..

12. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Has there ever been an article on him in TRJ? If not, there should be...pull some strings anyone? Interviewing live people is easier!!!

13. rickster90706

rickster90706

eddie is doing much better walking and getting around now.he told me today he scrapped his walker... we discussed working on the 41 merc on friday (today) and have set plans to get some stuff done on monday. i snapped a quick pic of eddie.. he was enthused (spell check all) about me sharing his progress "on the internet" wich is totally japanese to eddie. but he is cool with it. he mentioned that he wanted to sell his 37 chevy truck and i told him i would mention this on this site. he also wanted to display his cell number... i suppose all the good people here would maybe give eddie some old time chat, or at least some encouragement to continue his legend as long as he can still get around... eddies business number is.. 562 260 8370 he is long whinded and is sharp as a tack so be aware to hear the "whole story" about anything he has ever done. wich is good for eddie.

i fucking love him... please show some respect.

thanks, ricky..

Attached Files:

14. rickster90706

rickster90706

ok, i finally found some time to scan some of eddies pictures and helped him make a myspace page... and there are plenty more pics to come. the hirohata merc, the 50 ford, beatnik bandit, the buddah buggy (currently at hines shop) just check out his site at myspace.com/eddiemartinezinteriors

thanks, ricky.

15. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

So cool man! Thanks for that!

16. muroc 29

muroc 29

Hey whats up nice to see this post considering our new family purchase a period correct black 40 coupe with the most bitchen eddie interior i will be picking the car up next week where for sure pics will be posted car runs a late model flatty high rise manifold column shift easily the new jewell of our collection and eddies interior was the ultimate selling point of the car i was wandering if it was the 40 in his my space pics looks awfully close the wheels are different in pic but seems to be the same car maybe if you had any info on this car would love to know im in Long beach and my father and eddie are same age and ran around a little so would be great to know any info thanks Ps if it helps interior is all black with red bead around it I do have one pic ill try to post thanks again

Attached Files:

17. aceuh

aceuh

I had this on file.

[​IMG]

18. klazurfer

klazurfer

This thread sure turned out GREAT !!! Thanx to every1 who added their bit !! Klaz

19. WOW, I got chills reading this. Frank

20. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Hey I,m glad to see this thread took off. He did my interior back in the sixties black diamond button tuft in my fast back vette and it was bitchin, use to cruise Harveys Broiler with it. Ricky glad to see you are working with Eddie, will check out web site, Hey Ricky post some interiors i'm sure Eddie has lots of pic's....Jack

21. DanGrippo

DanGrippo
    from Mohnton PA

Here are some pictures of the interior of the S-W-C Willys wich still retains its original Eddie Martinez interior. -Dan Grippo

Attached Files:

22. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Easily one of the greatest upholsterers to ever put an interior in a rod or custom. I hope I get the chance to meet him one day.

23. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Dan nice interior in that willys Stone Woods & Cook

24. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I've been reading and looking at Martinez interiors since the 60's. It seems that if your car had some stitching by Eddie you had arrived.
    So good to hear that he is still around and reasonably active. I agree Rodder's Journal or some major Mag should do a feature on his life work. It would make younger rodders aware of one of the legends.

Frank

25. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

Totally true, he has had a hand in so many historic cars and has done nothing but beautiful interiors for every car he has ever touched.

26. rickster90706

rickster90706

eddie and i were talking a couple of days ago and heard that bill hines was autographing shop rags and selling them for 20 bucks each.. so, eddie wanted to do somthing of the same. he had some pearl white pleats laying around and signed his name on the bottom. wondering if this is worth anything to someone who wants a piece of history ? or should he try bidding on ebay ? i will post a pic on his myspace..

thanks, ricky.

27. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

Id pay 20 easily for that.

28. Joe Troilo

Joe Troilo

Does anyone have an e-mail for Eddie? I have restored the Stone, Woods and Cook Willys and it still has his interior from the 60's.

29. Small pleats, coved inserts, pearl Naugahide... When a style is associated with one's name, that person has arrived. Eddie Martinez is that guy.

30. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

Cool of you to leave the interior in a restored car.
    Better to have the orig with a scratch or two than ripping everything out for a copy.
    History preservation.
    my 2 cents

Paul