Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Eddie Dye Roadster TRJ photo shoot.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by K13, Sep 9, 2017.

1. I didn't see these posted here so I thought I would throw them up. Pictures of the Eddie Dye roadster in bare metal at the Rodders Journal Studio from Jimmy White.

2v2uY14Fmx2Kus1.jpg
    2v2uY14dTx2Kus1.jpg
    2v2uY14nDx2Kus1.jpg

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

3. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

Some what OT, but is this the same Jimmy White who used to hang out in Indy and race sprint cars?

4. No, this is Jimmy White owner/operator of Circle City Hotrods in Orange, California.

Stogy and K13 like this.

5. Nobey

Nobey

This is a copy of the original Eddy Dye roadster, is it not?

6. Here's a good write-up (by @Chopperken Gross & Robert Genat) on the history of the Eddie Dye Roadster ... with pics of the car when it was at Don Orosco's Monterey Speed & Sport shop:

Hot Rod Milestones pg46.jpg Hot Rod Milestones pg47.jpg Hot Rod Milestones pg48.jpg Hot Rod Milestones pg49.jpg

Hot Rod Milestones pg50.jpg Hot Rod Milestones pg51.jpg Hot Rod Milestones pg52.jpg Hot Rod Milestones pg53.jpg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    EVL401, kidcampbell71, RICH B and 3 others like this.
  7. It is the original and has been reunited with the original nose (that was on a copy of the car.)

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Functional Hotrod Art...that will be like jumping hurdles to get into...but worth it. Anyone have experience getting in these things...I have visions of shoe prints on seats, crushed gonads, and hey what about us old guys? Stepping stool?
    Thanks @K13...;)

9. Nobey

Nobey

Thanks guys, how cool is that. Read the whole story Hemi, thanks for taking the time to post all that.
    Really appreciate the input.....

kidcampbell71 and HEMI32 like this.
  10. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Awesome work as always by Jimmy and his crew