Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Ed Roth Anniversary

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod 49, Apr 4, 2019.

1. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Crocodile and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

You might want to talk to the Roth Boys about his being a Father Figure,,,,

3. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Remember a person's death, celebrate their birth.

Bandit Billy and egads like this.
  4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

BA97942F-CB53-4330-90BA-F75964E6A6B8.jpeg

Me and Ed 1996 at the Gsta show just after I finished restoring the Rotar

5. GEGE

GEGE

Hem!?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. GEGE

GEGE

7. deucemac

deucemac

I talked to Ed several times at various outings. I really got to know him after he moved to Utah. I found out that beneath that showman, P. T. BARNUM, and mister Bluster veneer was one of the most brilliant men I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. His brain operated at a level far above the average person. This man self taught himself so many things and he was always on a quest to learn ever more. I found his knowledge of computers incredible. Few people were invited into the non public Ed Roth world. My late friend Tex Smith and I discussed Ed a few times and ce to the conclusion that the Ed Roth the public saw was a few feet thick, but the private mind of Ed ran several miles deep. I was quite upset about his death and wished I had taken even more time to immerse myself in his wisdom and insights. I am glad for what I got, but there was so much more to glean. I can close my eyes and picture Ed picking Aristotle's and Di Vinci's brains in the next life. RIP Ed, you left us too soon.

8. GEGE

GEGE

Ed’s anniversary alright! Remember lots of them. One memory etched in my mind was I bought a pile called rotar from Tom Monaghan who owned dominos pizza and when it was delivered in the auto transport it literally slid off the ramp in a hundred pieces. Front wheel broken off, one back wheel was broken and body cut off as it was too wide to get in the transport, wings dangling, made a new bubble and ring as it was broken, spend months with razor blade scrapping the old shot paint off it down to base, ground out maybe a mile of stress cracks and reglassed , glasses floors back to body, Glassed broken pieces back together, chromed what little there was, redid the seat with its now red white and blue metal flake material, made new lenses front and rear in my oven for the curves, blocked a little and mixed simigloss black and silver flake as the date for the first Kustom kulture show in laguna beach was fast approaching so no time for a original style paint job, mind you two years of busting my butt to restore, it squeaked in the doors, kinda as rotar is so wide they had to take the doors off to get it in, it’s all set up with spot lights with gleaming flake aglow, Ed walks it and looks at it and says “you are going to paint it aren’t you?”
    After show I sold it as I had enough fun to get it to that point!

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and deucemac like this.
  9. GEGE

GEGE

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. GEGE

GEGE

Where is rotar now ? Galpin’s showroom?

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. GEGE

GEGE