Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Ed Jaques/Dean Batchelor/Phil Cartozian/Chuck Miller '27 T roadster history thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jimmy B, Dec 22, 2013.

1. I am looking for features on the T roadster that was started in the early 50s by Ed Jaques of "Worlds Lowest Car" '41 Ford fame Hop Up May 1953.

I know from the below feature Dean Batchelor purchased the T from Jacques and sold it to Bob Clark, This feature from Rod & Custom August 1954 did say Bob Clark had plans to finish it now does anyone remember the car from '54 to 1961?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Rod & Custom ran a feature on the car in December 1961 it is owned by Phil Cartozian it is running a Nailhead but is clearly the Jacques/Batchelor/Clark T roadster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    images courtesy Kustomrama

[​IMG]

Sometime in the 60s Chuck Miller bought it and rebuilt it body mods are the same does anyone know what happened from here?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you have any info please share.

G_Don likes this.
  2. 296ardun

296ardun

Jimmy, never saw the car but remember reading about it in the '61 R&C. If I remember right, it was painted a sort of irredescent green by Don Prudhomme, think that Prudhomme lived near the then-owner. For my taste, it's too bad it got "60'ed" because I really liked the first nailhead edition with the black wheels...