Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ed Iskenderian's Birthday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MTR-HD-Ordie, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

[​IMG]
    He signed one of the ammo boxes I use for saddle bags on "The Boeing Bomber".
    Helluva nice guy. when we met I thought we'd talk all about Hot Rods, instead we ended up talking about our aches, and pains.

2. Happy Birthday " Ed "

3. sololobo

sololobo

Best birthday wishes to the coolest cat in the business. He has maintained the most honest profile throughout his life, no b.s. always straight up. Mr Isky is one of my all time heros. Salute! ~sololobo~

4. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

happy b day ed! so great to see you still on the move. congrats!

5. Birthday wishes from New Zealand, Ed!:)

Met Ed out at El Mirage back in June and he invited us back to the shop that week. Spent around 3 hours with him, got the full tour of the Isky operation, took him out for lunch and heard a bunch of cool stories, particularly the ones about him and Burt Munro back in the sixties. Certainly a day I'll never ever forget.
    And he's gotta' be the youngest, most switched on 92 year old I have ever seen.:D

[​IMG]

Hope ya' have a good one Ed, along with many more...

Bear:)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. Ed is the man, happy birthday to a true legend..

7. Happy Birthday! (Lovin' that Kurtis..)

8. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Happy Birthday Ed----and many more.

9. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

BEST Cams PERIOD.. !! What a life Ed has lived !! Chris

10. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Met Ed when I was a young man, and he was in town visiting Schnell Automotive. Just a chance encounter back then, but a very big deal for me! A couple years ago he was back in town and had the privilege to meet Ed again, and have him sign the dash on my Austin gasser. He was a sharp, and enjoyable as he was 45 years earlier!
    Happy birthday Ed!

11. Ole don

Ole don

Happy Birthday ED, and thanks for signing the dash in the 55 Ford.

12. flamingokid

flamingokid

He looks considerably younger than 92.Happy Birthday to Mr. Iskenderien!

13. deucemac

deucemac

Got home from B'ville all set to go to Ed's party once again and got side tracked by family issues. First year missed in awhile, won't happen again HAPPY BIRTHDAY ED! Pix is of Ed in my car last year

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

Happy Birthday Ed.

15. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

happy birthday ed--i'd love to know your secret; you don't look a day past 80!

16. wade57

wade57
    from BC Canada

Happy birthday Ed.

17. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

18. Michelle Smith

Michelle Smith

I had the absolute pleasure of being invited to Ed's 92nd birthday... I am from a little place in New Zealand named Rangiora where every year we hold one of the biggest cars events in our country thanks to a very good friend mine ( the reason I told that story is because it might jog a few memories as to whom I am) I have never been so far away from home and made to feel so welcome by so many beautiful people...thank you to you all..and especially to that wonderful man himself Mr Iskenderian.

Surf City likes this.
  19. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Ed still has the first hot rod he ever built... it was written up in a magazine some years back... they questioned why he used Plymouth brakes, he said he wanted hydraulics and Ford didn't have them yet. That is how far back he goes. God be with you.

20. just a note, this is an old 2013 post, initially. Ed's going to be 96 this summer. I just got the new book on his life from Rodders Journal and started on a fascinating read of a great man.

Hamtown Al likes this.