Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. ryno

ryno

im looking for a window van if anyone has any leads. condition doesn't really matter, as long as the body is decent. pm me!

2. KCsledz

KCsledz

Steve - that truck is incredible!

3. KCsledz

KCsledz

There is an old dodge on some guys property out by my house. 32nd street and County road 150. Out here by Diamond.

4. Hellfish

Hellfish

Ms Metal is trying to sell her 8-door panel van near Chicago. I think she was looking for $5000 and it's super solid. It's not a window van, but the 8-doors are way cooler.

5. h2omonkey

h2omonkey
    from vegas

Gotcha on the 5th hogride, thought that's what you meant but didn't want to imply you were an alky!

Heard that the Tulsa drag strip is closing, bummer. Lived in Tulsa for a few years around 1998-99.

6. Hogride

Hogride

Yah! went with 4speed man. got to make 1 800ft let out all over track pass 9.24 145 car had done a gigantic wheel stand the week before must of bent some thing what we dont know but had bad stearing shake ? we could not find problem thought had a bad tire but dident fix it. jeff should be well in to the high 8s next year after updates. started as street car. hearing rummer that some one's trying to lease and open for next year. we live okc and have very nice track here . the gasser war's are goin strong here . Were alkys we put it in every thing some times we add about 10% of the good stuff to give it a little pop!!!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  7. Hogride

Hogride

8. Hellfish

Hellfish

I still want to see pics of your 4-speed set up... from underneath! :D

9. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Sounds sweeet!!!

10. thishero

thishero

YocomBros, that is just awesome looking. I've never been a fan of gassers, but this is totally wicked.

11. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

[​IMG] This one drives backwards.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  12. Question, have any of you Econoline owners towed a trailer with your van? I know it is not an ideal vehicle to tow with because of the short wheelbase but it would make a cool tow vehicle for say a FED or a small drag truck on a light trailer.

13. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

Bet I have towed 10000 miles with mine--must have trailer brakes and a good trailer--econoline is only 90 inch wheelbase--believe me you can get crossed up

14. crowen57

crowen57

[​IMG]

We tow a trailer with ours. The last three years we've towed our Mobile Scout camper to Petit Jean Mountain in Arkansas for the Econoline meet (nearly 1000 miles round trip). The trailer has no brakes and the Econoline has disc brakes up front.

15. Hogride

Hogride

The HAMB BOMB ! econo did it ever get built /eny pic's if it did.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  16. tiki_spike

tiki_spike

Any ideas for a cool custom bumper for my '61 truck? I like nerf bars and Coby's split bumpers... I like custom but I'm by no means a skilled fabricator. Are there pre-made nerf bars that are available that would look good? Thanks in advance!

17. Older Jeep Wagoneers had a 3 piece bumpers front and rear.
    Loose the center section. Just an idea.

[​IMG]

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

19. spanxxxdyer

spanxxxdyer
    from Calgary

Here is a couple of pictures of what I came up with for bumpers.

The front is part 1955 Buick and part 1978 Dodge van (center section).
    the babymaker 1.jpg
    The rear split bumpers were made by cutting up the stock rear Econo bumper.
    rear.jpg

20. tiki_spike

tiki_spike

Both of those are great ideas. That Wagoneer one seems really good. Would you need to 'finish' the sections where they meet the middle piece?

Thanks, guys!

21. It's in my shop, waiting it's turn. Hence the avatar question.

22. jammersspeed

jammersspeed
    from herman mn.

had the tan and white one this spring.... and just brought home the white and black ones this weekend

Attached Files:

23. Is there anyone here that has NOT had to push the nose back out after someone pushed on it?

24. Hogride

Hogride

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  25. Hogride

Hogride

I wish some one would make the nose & front fenders mine were kinda ok but would have replaced with new. Will post more pic's soon of turbo install. no intercooler so water/meth injection will be used. timeing set at 28% total adv 14lb boost to start will see if head gasket will live.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  26. Hogride

Hogride

Mounted sideways carb to the front exh in & out at rear of motor. Down pipe to carb flange mount brackets off valve cover 14 lb boost to start should be 250/300 hp The way its setting in pic faceing pass seat.[​IMG]icture.php?albumid=29136&pictureid=332995

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  27. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

^^^^^^^^^^^ Cool turbo project, Hogride! That'll be a neat set up!

28. sups2nick

sups2nick

I have got a 65 econoline and i love driving it..

ITS FOR SALE OR TRADE AND POSTED IN CLASSIFIEDS!

Attached Files:

29. tiki_spike

tiki_spike

Not to sound like a pussy here, but has anybody else felt shockingly unsafe driving their truck or van? I was just driving mine in the rain today and had to stop quickly. The brakes locked up and I must have slid twenty feet.

My tires look good with full tread on them too... Is it that the trucks are so light that they don't have the weight to stop 'em? I felt like I was riding a hocky puck across the wet street. Thank God there wasn't anyone in front of me.

Anyway, I'm interested to hear any of these types of stories from other Econoline drivers. I'm sure they are out there!

Other than the occasional frightening event like that, the truck is really fun to drive!

30. RodStRace

RodStRace