Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Lets see some pictures of the engine in the bed.

2. oldschoolgasser55

oldschoolgasser55

hi this my first econoline i have loved them for years but just now got one.i have a lot of ideas but not sure what im going to do :confused:

Attached Files:

3. mickeyc

mickeyc

I looked at one of these yesterday. It was the model with lots of windows and seats. The body has that small triangle window. It is really clean. This van has Falcon badges on it and the owner said it was special ordered for a tour vehicle at a real estate development when it was new.The asking price is $8,000, this seemed high to me. I do not know the value of these things in general but it is exceptionaly clean. Falcon badges? What do you guys think about the price?

4. GARY?

GARY?

That price is really high, so is the seller.

5. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

That could be a moderately fair asking price. If you could post some pics and details, or shoot me a PM, I'd be glad help you out. I've bought a couple of these things in the past, and from experience, I definitely know what to look for in them.

6. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

My van is also a Falcon. Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have heard, the "Falcon" vans were only window vans produced in '65. There is no difference between Falcons and Econolines except for the badges and horn ring

7. fca2572

fca2572
    from Texas

You are correct the only difference between the Falcon and the Econoline is the badging. There were Econline vans produced in 65 with windows on 1 and both sides

8. Hellfish

Hellfish

The vans with windows on only one side were called "display vans" and were produced in more than just 65.

The Falcon vans had side trim and none of the regular Econolines did, they also had interior paneling which I don't think the regular Econos did. They may have had some extra stuff, like "deluxe radio" or something, but I'm not really sure

9. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

I wasn't describing the display vans, Hellfish. I guess I worded my sentence weird, but what I was am trying to say is I believe the window vans (not display) were called Falcon vans in '65 only.

My van does/did not have side trim, or the trim under the dash for that matter. I didn't even see any hole or anything that would signify it had trim, when I painted it.

Another weird/cool fact is that there was an option for a step under the side doors. If you look on the floor right behind the passenger seat, there should either be a lever to pull the step down, or a nice sized rectangular hole.

10. crowen57

crowen57

From what I understand, Falcons came in different trim levels and they were made for more than one year. Not all Falcons had the fiberglass trim around all of the rear windows, nor did all have the upholstered panels in the rear or the dash skirt. There was a Deluxe Club Wagon (DCW) with all of the bells and whistles. The side step is linked to the door and slides out when you open the door. My regular Econoline came with one (even though it had no provisions for rear seats). Clear as mud, huh?!!

11. crowen57

crowen57

BTW, good looking van Pacsh!

12. GARY?

GARY?

I'm pretty excited, picked this one up a couple weekends ago. '61 Econo with the 144 motor.
    None of the gauges work, rust holes here and there but it did make it's inaugural 300 mile drive back to my house:D

Figured she gets about 20mpg on the roll.

Pacsh and crowen57, I'm curious what size tires your running. They both look great!!

Attached Files:

13. mothradeath

mothradeath

nice. isnt it uncommon for the 144 motors to be in the window vans?

14. Hellfish

Hellfish

The 61-62 (I think) only came with 144s, then came the 170s and the 144s were phased out, then the 240 became optional in the 65-67 vans

15. crowen57

crowen57

Hey Gary?, I'm running 15x6 wheels with 205/65s rear and 195/65s front.
    Good luck with your new van, looks like a great start you have there!

16. GARY?

GARY?

Thanks for the info and compliment Carl.
    Those 15s fill out the wheel wells really nice.
    I may have to keep my eye out for some.
    My tires are 195/65 x14 all around.

17. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

I'm running 205/60, 15x6 on the front, and 225/60, 15x7 on the back. The rear shackles are also about 3/4 larger in the back. It has a very slight rake. When I first got the van, it was running 225/60's on all 4 wheels.

I tried some old 195's on the front, and it didn't look quite right to me. It didn't fill up enough of the wheel well, and looked too small in my opinion

18. 1968pickup

1968pickup
    from ND

here is some pics of my 63 econoline pickup and 63 econoline falcon window van if i loaded the pics right

Attached Files:

19. Livinlrge

Livinlrge

20. GARY?

GARY?

econolineitis seems to be contagious. 1968pickup has got it real bad.

21. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

22. crowen57

crowen57

23. rockabilly-medic

rockabilly-medic

I have been lookin for an Econoline for awhile now and now it has come down to two of them. One is a full panel with just the rear windows and the second has just the panel on the drivers side with full row of windows on the other. Both are the same price and same condition....

Wondering which one is the more in demand van? Is one more rare than the other ? which one would you choose?

24. Hellfish

Hellfish

That has been addressed a couple of times in this thread.

If they're the same condition and the same price, then get what YOU like. No stock Econoline is particularly valuable, and the differences between the various models is probably minimal. The true panel, with no side doors, is definitely more rare, but without side doors, it's also probably less desireable to most.

25. rockabilly-medic

rockabilly-medic

Thanks Hellfish, guess I wasn't clear.. they both have the side doors on the passengers sides. Butt I got my answer from your response. Also this is a huge thread, kinda difficult to go through it all.... probably going to go with the full panel... wish I had enough to get both though....

26. tankwilson

tankwilson

Hey guys i know this isn't the classifieds but we have one at the yard we are parting out. Missing alot of stuff but still has some good stuff too. Let me know what you need.

[​IMG]

27. Parting out. You gotta be kidding.
    Put that sucker in the classifieds.

28. tankwilson

tankwilson

Its missing the steering column/box, no seats, full of late model headlights. If i dont cut it up where it sits it will just rot away. I know it make me sad too. Im planning on buying the doors to have as spares for my display van.

Here my ride since i changed it up a bit.....

[​IMG]

29. ArizonaBill

ArizonaBill
    from Arizona

i drove this one for 9 years every day in the tucson heat

[​IMG]

and i bought/sold this one because i have to many other projects.. at least i made a profit!

[​IMG]

30. ottos

ottos

got a 65 econoline van ,,with mid engine ...bad ass machine

Attached Files: