Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

I've been looking for a pick-up for a while close to Cincinnati anybody know of any????

2. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Muttley,
    We have almost the same taste in rims and tires:)
    Mine will also sport that Hotwheel look with the red lines.
    I'm getting my 'lil '65 red wagon back from a local shop on Friday (running or not) ...finally, had to put the foot down, it's been there over a year and a half now!

nice looking Econo you got there, cheers.
    CAB

3. El Gordo

El Gordo

Here's some more pics of "Early hemi fan's" Econo
    Never met the guy but I came across his ride at the '06 Red Deer Super Run. I had to stand around for 15 minutes to get a pic without people standing in the way.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Ugh, that chop looks like ass.

5. whoops here's the pics:

Attached Files:

6. Hellfish

Hellfish

Because the Lil' Red Wagon was a Dodge A100, not a Ford Econoline. :D

7. Muttley

Muttley

A year and a half?!?!?! Whats the hold up?

8. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

That's what i kept saying ...what's the hold up:(

we'll, I finally got to drive her home today and now she's sitting in the drive way:)

Maybe new paint someday, but for now, just gonna keep the truck like this and have fun with it!

These new rims and tires sure made a huge difference in the look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Troy Fisher and droppedstepside like this.
  9. Sweet truck ya got there Cab

10. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

[​IMG]

Steve Vickers (Scroungers Cincy) chopped econoline. It's got a VERY healthy ford V8 in it and will go sideways down the highway if he really gets on it. Excuse the wheels/tires, someone before him put a weird front end under it for the disk brakes and all the traditional wheels he's tried on it have rubbed. If anyone's interested in this van, he'll have it up at the Springfield, OH swap this weekend trying to trade it off for a '30s truck...

droppedstepside likes this.
  11. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

[​IMG]

The rear of the same chopped van

12. Cab;
    That is frekin' awesome!
    About 4 years ago I used to follow one to work every day with the oposite color scheme, white with red inside the trim. Stone stock other than a 289 swap from back in the day. Thats the one that made me see the beuty in them.

13. HOw much of a pain is it going to be to replace the six with a 289?

14. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

I'd give you Vicker's email addy so you could ask him, but he has no computer and lives basically as a caveman. I'd think shift linkage would be a challenge and maybe throttle, but you could prolly use rear-engine dragster stuff for the throttle...

15. Muttley

Muttley

Cab, the truck looks awesome.

16. Is the Doghouse large enough for an FE block?

17. Hellfish

Hellfish

I saw Steve's van at the Cinematic. Lots of neat details... but FYI, the previous owner swapped in the v8.

It depends on what year Econo you have. 61-64 Econos have a different crossmember making it a huge pain in the ass. 65-67s are a lesser pain in the ass, but a pain nonetheless. I've been compiling info from various Econoline boards on how to swap in bigger 6s and v8s. If anyone wants to see what I have so far, just PM me and I'll be happy to email it to you.

Also, a friend of mine is selling her lowered 64 Econo Heavy Duty window van on ebay right now, if anyone is looking

18. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Binga, GreenMtnBoy and Muttley,
    Thanks guys for the compliments:)
    very, very happy to finally have the econo back on the road with a new engine (stocker) rebuild and new clutch!

Does anyone know where to find those nerf front bumpers that come up from the bottom?

I also need a new instrument panal, only thing that actually works on there is the speedo and the left turn signal light on it.

who's got a lead on this kind of Econoline gages and stuff?

19. Hellfish

Hellfish

Again, it depends on the year. 65-67 doghouses were larger to accomodate the optional 240 big 6. You can fit a 289-302 into one of them, but it's a tight squeeze. A lot of guys widden there's anyway just for more header clearance. A 351 will require widening the dogbox no matter what.

I'm almost ready to drop a 302 into my 65. We'll see what happens. :)

20. Hellfish

Hellfish

They're on ebay frequently... same as a Bronco.

There are some parts collectors out there. You can meet them if you sign up to one of the 2 Yahoo groups devoted to Econos...OldEconolines and EconosRUs

21. Hellfish

Hellfish

here's what's going into my van very soon

[​IMG]

22. haring

haring

CAB -- I might have an extra Econo gauge panel w/ gauges. I used to have extra parts when I owned my van. Let me take a look.

Anyone in PA need a belly pan?

I have one in good condition -- fits the I-6 240 trucks.

I've also got a few oil bath air cleaners for the 240/300 if anyone needs one.

23. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Haring,
    That would be great:)
    PM me with pics when ya find it please and lemme know how much.
    thanks for the extra info Hellfish and your engine looks nice,
    CAB

24. Sutton Speed

Sutton Speed

Here is my '64 Econoline camper that I picked up a few months ago. So far I have basically cleaned it up a bit, painted the bumpers and done some tune up and maintenance stuff. An aftermarket pop-top was put on it somewhere in its past, I kinda dig it, gives me a bit of room to change at the beach.

The plan so far is just to clean it up a bit more, buff out the paint a bit and send her on down the road, i've had my fun with it (I lived in it for the past two weeks down at the beach in San Diego.)

Let me know if anyone is interested in it or want any more info or pics.

Nathan

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. rev106

rev106

No pics 63 5 window pu. almost ready for paint. 6 is cool but a dog on the hills. Converted to c-4 trans, pretty reliable, fun. Look at the e100 yahoo group for parts, info, and vans for sale they pop up there first.

26. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Hello Econo-lovers!

would any of you mind taking some pics of the underneath of your trucks where the engine and oil pan is?

I wanna see if this shop put it the middle cross member/engine mounts in correctly, it looks backwards to me ( i could be wrong though) because it's really close to the steering cross bar underneath where if the shocks went down it might hit it:(

any pics would be much appreciated, thank you!

27. 1320stang

1320stang
    from Edmond, OK

28. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

any pictures from underneath your Econo truck near the stock motor mount tube crossmember and oil pan would be awesome... thanks in advance!

I really need to find out if this engine mount was replaced incorrectly (because of how close it is to the steering rod) and i can't find any pics on the web showing it:(

anyone?