Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

2. Paul_G

Paul_G

This looks like Rhinebeck...

There was a 60's Econoline for sale in the used car lot there today.

3. saweet! what a nice score.

That is FuManchu approved!

4. papawheelie

papawheelie

I realize this may not be the best way to introduce myself but this is what I got.
    Lucky to find one of these in Canada what with the crappy weather and the lethal doseages of salt. Needless to say, it's an 8 monther.

Attached Files:

5. An Econo- drawing..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  6. erock805

erock805

Beyond cool Jcruz! Im way hip to it.

7. ford_

ford_

http://www.youtube.com/user/beammark my youtube thing with my van.... any ideas on a color i was thinking like a pearl white or two tone with pearl white and another color ... just post a comment on the video please since i dont get on here that much since there isnt really much new on the econo pages thanks

8. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

Dude, thats genius. I hope it works good. It sure looks good.

9. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Am I the only one crazy enough to lift all four corners? I like the gasser look myself.

10. doc's

doc's

Nice!!

11. Conder

Conder

Howdy folks, this beautiful thing is at my shop now. Drove 'er off the trailer onto a dirt embankment, then motored over broken blacktop and gravel (soon to be paved) into my new shop, jockeying it around here and there without incident. Well, that's not true...Everyone who sees the thing shoots antlered MOOSE out of their *****. HEALTHY sounding chevy too baby. Chassis work looks (and works) PUSS. The body's solid and original. Bumpers/license recess are gallery quality.

BAD.

12. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

How about some overall picks of it laid out?

13. Choptop

Choptop

14. Dog427435

Dog427435

I have always loved the look of the early Econolines. I purchased this one in '74 from a solider, who was AWOL, and living in it and needed money to get back home to Florida. Being from Florida it was a perfect rust free no window van, but unfortunately it was also painted bright purple. I primed it and sprayed the roof white and put on some big & little wheels and tires. The white wagon wheels came a few years later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had the van for almost 20 years, but we were moving from NY down to Pa and there was just too much crap to move, having half a dozen cars and a couple of bikes. I sold the van, a '55 Ford Club Sedan and an old English Ford my kids played in.
    As the buyer drove down my street in his new van I knew it was a mistake!!
    I had just done some body work and resprayed the body black with a bunch of flattner in it to dull it out.

[​IMG]

Well anyway - the moral of the story is, I've been looking on and off for another since then. Today I went and looked at the van below - its located near Downingtown, Pa about a 1/2 hour SE of Philly. He wants $300 for it, but I'm not ready to take on this project - so I've posted about 30 shots of it on my profile page if anyone is interested. PM me and I'll send you his name and phone number.

The story I got was - it was a project for his kid that never got done. The motor is rebuilt, but was never started. It was stored in his garage until a year or 2 ago and it was moved out behind the garage. The tires were new only went from the garage to its current resting spot. The big rust spot you can see in the back and there is some floor rust by the front doors. The rest looks pretty solid, but I did not crawl under it. It has a set of sporty jap car seats, I saw an extra trans in the back, a bunch of other parts, the 2 original window doors off the side and an Offy 3 one barrel carb manifold. I did not see a radiator though. It also has a big window cut into the drivers side.
    Happy hunting!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

Them early vans rock! How many of them were old Telephone Co. or Sears vans? The custom van scene was mighty and lasted a long time.

IF THIS VAN IS A ROCKIN' DON'T BOTHER KNOCKIN'

16. just picked up the little nugget

Attached Files:

17. I dig those second generation vans, too!

18. mothradeath

mothradeath

i just picked up another one from fellow hamb'er SniffnPaint! this one actually runs and has a floor.:D he gave me a super good deal and i am excited as a kid getting optimus prime for christmas! shes got a few bugs that need to be worked out and the typical rust situations but i am fully psyched. thanks again bro!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sniffnpaint and friend took about the only thing that was useable on the old one. :D a sad sight but good things will become im sure. enjoy.

[​IMG]

19. Dog427435

Dog427435

20. Dog427435

Dog427435

21. Dog427435

Dog427435

22. Dog427435

Dog427435

23. Dog427435

Dog427435

24. tinguy

tinguy

This gorgeous van belongs to Pat Bragg, it is her grocery getter. Chopped and lowered tastefully!! Has a 351C 300 hp w/c4 auto. Chopped about 6 inches and lowered about 8 inches both ends. Attempted to achieve normal proportions and usuable ride height. Rear end of car, coil overs, stepped frame, tubbed, floor and drive shaft tunnel raised,
    fuel cell inside vehicle behind rear end. Front end, dropped axle, dearched springs and axle on top of spring. Frame notched to clear steering components. Front wheel houses raised approximately 4 inches. Doors are sectioned to match. Only way to pick-up wheel bounce space. Problem--seats you have to sit on top of the wheel houses. Solution radical reclining seat frames. Weird at first, but you get use to it right away. Vehicle is on hold while I finish my book and 3 other builds. Tinguy

25. mothradeath

mothradeath

every chopped top econo i have seen i have hated. i dont know if it is because it makes them look too long and throws them off proportionally or what. almost looks like they need their length shortened or something, but that thing is unreal. i dont know if it is because of the windows that makes it look soo good or the fact that you instantly know the unreal amount of work it took to make it look like that. fantastic! ive stared at it for about half an hour. amazing.

26. Hellfish

Hellfish

I agree. They usually look stupid. They should be chopped AND sectioned to keep appealing proprtions, but Pat's looks pretty good! Maybe it's the shaping of the windows or the sectioning of the door, but something was done right! I still prefer them unchopped though.

27. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

I really dig this one.

28. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

This gives a new meaning to GO GREEN!

29. Tinguy (Paul?) Thanks for chiming in.
    That is some nice looking work right there.

30. Hellfish

Hellfish

dang art cars! :)