Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Eau Claire Wisconsin Old stock car racer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcmopar, Sep 21, 2019.

1. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Growing up in Eau Claire, my dad had a friend (Norm Jurgen) that was into cars, and one time told me he felt sorry for me, because of my car addiction, I was 10 years old. Norm passed away 6 years ago or so. He was born in 1934, give or take a year. His son lives next to my Dad and I was working there this week. I asked him if his Dad ever raced, and he said yes. Norm used to own the service station on water street in EC. When he quit racing, he sponsored some people, from what I have been told. I am looking for pics or any info on Norm. He was a great guy if ya knew him.
    Tony

2. gene-koning

gene-koning

WI has a lot of vintage racing info available, including a listing of drivers, on the net. There are still several vintage modified racing clubs that are still active, many have info available through Facebook that can likely provide you with a lot of info concerning Norm. It would be helpful if you knew what tracks Norm raced at, a lot of the still active tracks have great archives of their history with really good photos of the cars and drivers as well. I'd start a google search of "WI Vintage modified racing" and see where that leads you. Good luck with your search. Gene

3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I hope you find info and pics of the race car(s) and share them .:)

4. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Gene, thanks for the direction, and if I find any pics or info I will share them. I know he retired at 44, and never left the EC area. It seemed like everywhere we went with him someone knew him.
    Tony