Register now to get rid of these ads!

easy off oven cleaner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Germ, May 9, 2004.

1. Germ

Germ

shit works on GRIME and caked on oil and dirt like nothing else,,,,

I used it to clean this v8-60 today,,,, FUCKING AMAZING, but the fumes ARE harsh.....

I comes right off,,, use it on CAKED early ford front ends..

WORKS great. way better then ENGINE degreaser or SOLVENT

GERM

2. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green">It will also remove One Shot.

Better test it in a hidden spot first.

Make sure it doesn't hurt the base paint.

RASHY </font>

3. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Great tip, thanks guys, I'll give it a try on the front end and the dash, 'specially after that mention of one-shot. Started paint stripping the interior today, someone in the past simply put one-shot over the previous paint (which for the dash had been wagon red, but for the ceiling and posts are a sky blue. Just don't get that kinda two-tone. But that Easy Off will be interesting to try out.

4. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Also removes the plasic film or clearcoat or whatever it is on some OEM aluminum wheels - you know when they get those nasty little black spots - that's from water or road salt ot some such thing getting between the clear and the aluminum. Stuff just takes it all off. Humh?, takes it all off - used to know a girl..... It's also the best stuff to clean resins and shit off you table saw blades - makes'm look like new.

5. Germ

Germ

I use it when a car comes out of a field and I FIRST take it apart, it eats PAINT for sure

6. Best shit to remove anodizing bitch.

7. Germ

Germ

wonder if it will remove HERPES?
    Some of them ROCKABILLY chicks with the COLD SORES and PARK BENCH asses could explain......

cleans RESIN from the BONG PERFECT.. then after you clean BONG, you soke BONG in VINEGAR, then WASH in DISHWASHER.....

8. Oven cleaner is basically HEAVY DUTY caustic soda, i.e. paint stripper. The stuff will strip heaps of stuff, including your skin and the stuff that your lungs are made out of, so read the WARNING INSTRUCTIONS. [​IMG]

9. keep it away from any wiring/electricals it will keep working for a long time, and cause lots of problems. have used it myself for years but always outside the garage and with a paint mask for the fumes. [​IMG]

10. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

I have used to to remove undercoating thats gotten on Nova subs and factory mustang 2 crossmembers, takes a bit but its a hellova lot better than scraoing them for hours.

Aaron

11. Muttley

Muttley

We use it at work to take the lettering off the doors of the old tow trucks, it works great.

12. KIRK!

KIRK!

It's also killer or taking paint off of models but doesn't damage the plastic AT ALL!

13. 46stude

46stude

Here's an idea for any cheap SOB's like myself- If you have a dollar store in your nieghborhood, they usually have some brand of oven cleaner that oughtta work as well as Easy Off. Here I run to the local "Dollar General" &amp; use what they sell. Works great &amp; costs a buck per can!

14. It will remove 1 shot, and ALSO the base paint!!! Be careful using this shit... Modelers have been using this method for years to remove a shitty paint job...

Be careful.... Dont get this shit on your hands!

15. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I was gunna buy some but,

my oven's self cleaning..

and all that caked on shit is better than patina!

Paul

16. Sign guys use it for removing graffitti.

17. OldCarPilot

OldCarPilot
    from Bel Air MD

Use gloves! I didn't once while removeing exhaust stains from a T-28 warbird and the top layer of the skin on my hand pretty much died and came off like a bad sunburn. Also my nails turned a brown color that I had to scrape off with a razor blade.

18. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

...and use proper eye protection.

Get this stuff in your eyes and you'll want to carve them out with a butter knife to make them stop burning.

19. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

takes tar, seam sealer, and undercoating off too

20. Mojo

Mojo

I cleaned a engine with it, and then washed it down with some lacquar thinner. The paint never fell off... gets the iron really clean. You really, really don't want to get a good breath of it... holy crap, it burns..

21. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

My Dad tipped me off to that back in the day...I pulled the motor out of my 62 Chevy and wanted to clean up..It did a really nice job and cleaned up the engine comp. really nice...Make sure your garage is ventilated and def. use protection..Shit, just use 'protection' with everything now a days!!

Dirty

22. <font color="red">Wonder what it will do to a TATTOO?

R E D M E A T </font>

23. Machinos

Machinos

Yeah, I first used this on a set of old wheels. It's not as good at removing paint as it is at removing grime, but it'll remove paint anyway.

And, I hadn't gotten a respirator yet, and I did this outside when it was breezy, and the fumes STILL burned like crazy. It's like aerosol drain cleaner.

24. I used it clean up the motor before painting it with good results, comes in a 30 minute (spray on wait 30min wash off) and overnight, do the overnight one first off and the 30 min as a final clean up, also caustic and non caustic types of oven cleaner. [​IMG] As said before shit burns skin [​IMG]…eye protection for sure.

25. Gracie

Gracie

Thats funny you tough guys talking about gloves and eye protection... generations of women have been cleaning ovens with no protection except maybe some "Living Gloves".

When I lived in Yuma and worked for the BLM, we used it to clean graffiti off of 7000 year old petraglyphs.

26. I used it to clean an oven.[tried it on the dishes but decided to read the directions after that. [​IMG]

27. Jimv

Jimv

works good on old military gun stocks, get out the yrs of grime &amp; you can put some boiled linseed oil on later.
    As for alumn. rims or parts stick to vinegar.works better.
    jimV

28. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Don't be a STUPID ASS like me,,, and use it to DEGREASE your OVEN,,, and then FORGET about IT. The SH*T will DRY,,, and you're F**KED.

I accidentally used IT to DEGREASE the CRAP out of the BOTTOM and SIDES of my OVEN,,, and then I forgot I HAD used IT. The next day in a DRUNKEN STUPOR,,, I hit the BURNERS to scortch me up some CHOICE frozen PIZZA,,, and after 10 minutes I REALIZED with an UNGODLY STINK emitting from the OVEN that I had never CLEANED the S*&amp;T off from when I SPRAYED it onto the SURFACES. SO I had to SHUT DOWN the OVEN and START OVER with another RESPRAY. Messed up my dinner BUT GOOD. Then I CLEANED IT like I was SUPPOSED TO in the first place. TOOK 3 DAYS before my FOOD tasted RIGHT. Powerful STUFF. I HAVE a self clening oven but I DON'T TRUST it. Get's TOO damn HOT to be in my HOUSE.

(with apologies to Germ.) [​IMG]

29. D Picasso

D Picasso

[ QUOTE ]

When I lived in Yuma and worked for the BLM, we used it to clean graffiti off of 7000 year old petraglyphs.

[/ QUOTE ]

no fuckin' way....I used to camp for many days on end at Kofa.

timely as I have an FE block/heads/crank to ready for the machinist. I'm off to the Dollar General.

30. Been doing that for years..always told my customers the same thing,they would always come back amazed!..saved them a bundle on Gunk,my manager didnt like it too much though..oh well....