Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Eastwood's fire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JOYFLEA, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Ordered some stripping disk this week and got a call today from them and they have had a fire in there warehouse this week and shipments are on hold for now . If your expecting products from them it may be a while . I hope no one was injured and they are up and running soon .

2. Dang! Here's hoping that all are well.

3. mike bowling

mike bowling

Lousy news, they're nice folks to deal with and have some excellent products. Hope damage was limited, and the Insurance Co. pays up without a hassle. ( I've always had to go psycho to get a check!)

4. Yeah Mike,they dance with glee and love you paying your premiums in a timely manor but file a claim and that's when they get silent and start dragging their feet, wanting to low ball you on everything.

I'm going through that as we speak. :mad: HRP

5. mike bowling

mike bowling

They just try to wear you down with tomfoolery and malarkey. Stick to your guns and don't give 'em an inch!! ( and make sure you pay your premium on time!)

6. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Deny and Delay!

7. Hope all is well and works out for Eastwood. They are good people, and have great products .

8. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Maybe some fire sale merchandise soon? Hope they were covered by insurance.

9. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Doubt fire sale but who knows..

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Oh, that Eastwood my first thought was Pasadena. Hope nobody was injured. Bob

11. Screenshot_2015-07-12-12-58-17.png
    Irony.
    I hope they take care of it.

millersgarage likes this.
  12. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I always say, an insurance adjusters job is to get you to settle for the lowest amount they can and your job is to make them pay the highest amount you can! ;)

13. That sucks...good company with good products. Hope all works out for them.

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That does suck. Good folks to deal with and I've been buying quite a bit from them lately and getting it delivered sooner than I expect it.

15. Sounds like a pretty big loss! HRP

16. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Yea , that sucks . Eastwood's a good company.

17. coupe man

coupe man

This is bad timing for this to happen.Their summer classic show at their store is on the 25th.Hope they can still pull this off.Maybe if your from this area you could attend and show them your support.They are a good company.

18. stude54

stude54
    from michigan

If the article is correct, the lose was in the neighborhood of $60K. Most large companies insure for catastrophic issues but are usually self-insured for lesser values. I'll bet they are on the hook for this loss.
    Hope it wasn't more, I was just ready to order more hi-build primer from them.

19. 60K may only be fire damage . I wonder what the water damage was to rest of warehouse since fire sprinkler came on ? Best wishes to them .

20. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Man you can't catch a break
    Hopefully no one got hurt and they can get back to it in short order.

21. IronTrap

IronTrap

Just a heads up we're basically back to our normal shipping times and other than some backordered products all is well and we're operating as normal. Thanks for the kind words during this hiccup!

22. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happy to hear this, as I just placed an order yesterday--using my Alliance discount, of course!

23. czuch az

czuch az

HICCUP???!!!
    You have a 2 alarm fire and 60+K in damage and your back up and running and call it a hiccup???!!!
    Thats just about as AMERICAN as you can get. You guys are baddass.

Model T1, Matt@Eastwood and Saxman like this.
  24. IronTrap

IronTrap

Awesome glad everyone is making use of it! Thanks for the business!

Haha that's what we call it at least! It took a lot of hard work, but we have a tight knit crew here and we worked our butts off to get back up and running ASAP!

25. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

DO YOU HAVE A BUILD THREAD ON HERE FOR PROJECT PILEHOUSE?

26. IronTrap

IronTrap

I do not, it has a chassis swap so it's not 100% traditional so I never made one.

kidcampbell71 likes this.

27. Nice way to use your connection though .... good work. It's a nice "Pile" regardless. It would be interesting to say the least ... if you guys ever choose to showcase a traditional anything build. What exactly can you guys not do ?

28. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

Glad to hear they are up and running as I've been holding off ordering some stuff I need.

29. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Yes, good to hear things are back to normal.