Register now to get rid of these ads!

History EASTWOOD KNOCKED ME OFF

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Pats55, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Pat, put a link in your signature. Similar to what I did below for my latches.

kbgreen likes this.
  2. Hombre

Hombre

Pat, I sent you a Conversation with some questions about your ceramic coating.

3. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

Hombre I wrote a long reply but it looks like it did not go through for some reason. The reason being that I don't have much experience with message boards.Hot jet can be either brush or sprayed with a touch up gun. This water based coating is heavily compounded with aluminum flake so keep it agitated. The surface should be sandblasted, wiped with our metal prep, take a propane torch run it over the headers to remove any oil residue. Spray it to the edges first put on one good heavy coat. Then it can be put in an oven. Turn the oven and set it at 500.After an hour you can remove it from the oven. You can also let it air dry 48 hours preferably somewhere warm like a boiler room. Gently run over it 0000 steel and then use metal polish. Years ago when JC Whitney sold it they said the pour gasoline over and polish it with a copper brush I don't recommend that. They ran me off the last thread for that story. You have my site call the 800 number and we can BS all day.

Hombre and kidcampbell71 like this.
  4. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

nomorerust.com

5. I think if you go up against Eastwood, you should ask yourself, do you feel lucky?..............well do you?

Beanscoot likes this.
  6. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

I've been going head-to-head with the big guys since 1988. How many cans of Mastercoat do you think I sold. Over 200,000 cans I am Very lucky if you want to see how lucky I am go to YouTube and watch the National Geographic's documentary the sinking of the Andrea Doria. The end of the documentary they list how many times I've been almost killed and got away with it. So am very lucky. I see you have 14,000 posts you are much better at this than I am.

7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I only have to chime in because of your avatar.
    My dad was in the 101st

8. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

Be proud of him, was he in Vietnam?