Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Can't wait to see it! I think this sedan is what TRJ was created for.

Flat out bitchin' hot rod WITHOUT the back story, but real zen schitt WITH the history.

2. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Chip and Jim-
    Thanks!
    Geoff and Mike at TRJ are the nicest guys you will find. They treated us like family (okay, better than family). I can't wait to see the finished product.

3. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Rick.That`s just outstanding.Could`nt of happened to a more deserving crew.
    Waiting for your update.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

4. Every person that I've met that's affiliated with the TRJ has been phenominal. They seem like a great bunch of people.

I wish I could have lent a hand, but I was swamped at work. I can't wait to see the issue with the car in it. Maybe your car will be the cover car for that issue! It's got history, and Steve, Geoff, and Pat are all history buffs who totally dig stuff like that.

5. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Cover, hell! It better be my Christmas poster!

6. Both sides of the poster while we're at it ;)

7. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

i can go for a poster myself!!!!! ill buy 2 copies of that RJ so i can have a poster for the garage...............................

8. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Geoff finished the shoot today and said he was really pleased. If he's happy then I'm sure we will all be happy.
    Today we spent the day at the Lemay America's Car Museum in Tacoma. We saw it listed in the August issue of Hot Rod as a place to go so we did. Well worth it! If you have the chance, you will not be disappointed!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  9. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I just got home a little bit ago. When I flew in this morning from Seattle, Mike from TRJ met us at the airport and took us to Brizio's where our trailer was stored while they did the shoot. we then went to TRJ studio where Steve and Geoff showed us the rest of the the photos they had done. They really made the car look great!

They still want to do location shots at Bakersfield doing burnouts at the strip. We will be doing that on August 5th or 6th. If anyone wants to meet us there, let me know and I'll give you all the details.

10. HI Rick, we won't be runnuing at B-ville in August so Ol'Bake sounds like a nice road trip.
    I'll Pm you for info.
    Thanks...........cw.

11. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

Rick@ Pete: Congrates on all of this adventure,and more to come.

12. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

thanks for all the updates. those of us that are working on a hotrod or keeping one roadworthy know what its like to do all that and work a full time job too. try to get it all done now cause when you retire you dont have time to do nothing cause you are to busy bein retired....................................

13. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Craig-
    It should be a fun time.
    Les-
    Thanks!
    26hotrod-
    You are absolutely right. The posts keep me on track and motivated.
    Rick

14. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I just spoke to Geoff at TRJ and we are all set for Bakersfield on August 5th. I think the burnout picture will be the cover. Just speculation.

Also, I'll be in Tucson on Monday evening. Anybody know of a Hot Rod hang out that night?

15. jalopy45

jalopy45

Don's Hot Rod Shop on Stone in Tucson has been around for decades and should be able to send you in the right direction. (520) 884-8892

16. PM Chip (Need Louvers ?) He'll be the best guy to ask. He's like the Huell Howser of Hot Rods for Arizona. Sorry.....you have to be from So Cal to understand the Huell Howser reference. It's a compliment!

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey! Thanks for the compliment Alex, but Tucson is a bit off my beaten path. Truly the guys to talk to about Tucson hot rod too do stuff are Dale Seaholm (Curbspeed) or Ron Carlsten (Hot Rod Ron). Dale bought Ron's old place when he defected up here to the planet Phoenix, and Ron is still a Tucson native through and through... Or, ya could just drive another 100 miles and stay up here with us...

18. Humpback

Humpback
    from U.K.

Hey Rick
    Many congrats with the build of the sedan, the original is one of my favourites of all time. I've really enjoyed this whole thread and now you're getting the car (and hopefully you and Pete) featured in the TRJ it rounds off the whole thing perfectly. We met you in Bakersfield in Oct 2011 and you showed us the car and introduced us to Doug Robinson - I still have the photos. Will you be at Bakersfield again this year? We're coming over again and will stop and say hi! Cheers & regards, Nick - in the damp UK

19. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

It was hectic but we had a great time in Tucson. You foodies in the Tucson area should be familiar with BOBO's Restaurant. As you know their carmelized banana pancakes are great. Those of you who have met me, now know how I keep this physique. All natural without PEDs.

Tomorrow is third member time again. In order to get it all done in time, I'm going to rob the third member out of my '34 coupe and put it in the Sedan because the posi in the Sedan is not working right. A burnout without posi is like eating a popsicle with the wrapper on. I'm sure you get my drift.

20. I haven't been on here in a while, but I wanted to say congratulations on having the Sedan photographed by the talented staff at TRJ. I can't hardly wait to see the photos.

21. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Nick-
    I remember you and your friends very well. I think you experienced your first chile burger at Tommy's on that visit. We will be at Bakersfield at least on Saturday and maybe Sunday too. It just depends on what else is going on at that time.

Payne-
    Thanks for the acknowledgement. I can't wait either!

22. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I spoke with TRJ today and asked about the photo shoot at Bakersfield and whether other people can come to it. The young lady in the office said yes and that she would be emailing me all the info. As soon as I get it, I will post it. It appears that those of you who have contacted me about going to the shoot will be able to. That should be fun!

23. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Daaaaang. Why I got to live in MO? Hope y'all have a great time!

24. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

lomonte i know how u feel. iam stuck here in n.c.& my hotrod has a frame that pete built. the pain of it all................................................

25. hotrodscott2003

hotrodscott2003

You mentioned you were at ACM here in Tacoma, WA. The next time you're in this area, come out to Spanaway and check out the Lemay Family Museum at Marymont. It's a great way to see Harold Lemay's massive collection as he had it, and the grounds are beautiful and very cool!

Rick, I remember reading the Hot Rod magazine article about the original sedan, and it helped to ruin me for life! Yours and local hot rod hero Dick Page's Deuces are and always will be two of my dream cars...on the top of my 'someday when I have the money I'll build one' list. Congrats on such a faithful recreation of one of my all time favorites!

26. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

26hotrod-
    You have a P-WOOD chassis and your not working on it constantly. You sound like me. Be patient. It will all be worth it.

hotrodscott2003- I wish I had known about it when I was there. I only go to Seattle about every 5 years or so.

I spoke to Geoff from TRJ and he said you guys are welcome to come to the shoot. We should be rolling into Bakersfield around 3 and start the shoot around 5. If you're planning to go, please PM me so we know how many people to expect.

Thanks,
    Rick

27. 5w32

5w32

Rick, here is a photo my good buddy took at Baylands(he thinks) , looks like a coupe could be the next project...LOL

what happened to this car?

Attached Files:

28. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I still have it. In fact I drove it last night and I am taking the 3rd member out of it this morning for the Sedan because the posi in Sedan quit on me and I need to have posi for Bakersfield on Monday.

29. 5w32

5w32

Does it still look the same?...post a pic!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

rick-pete built my frame in the early eighties for vanamburgs t-coupe.i havent had to do anything to it except change two bushings on the rear 4 bar. pete must have really had his act together back then cause i drive it all the time.............................