Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Congratulations to you and your crew. Your success in building the car will stay with you for a long time. I will see it this weekend.
    Lynn

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

pics of the seats installed?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. patman

patman

Congrats on the first drive! I have been meaning to dig through my magazine box in the basement...I think I still have that HRM in there somewhere...

4. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

You guys have proved that you are never TOO old to be young again.Congrats on the car and i hope to see it in person someday.It won't be hard to recognize.It will be the car with everyone around it smiling.

5. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Rick,this thread has been a great, looking forward to seeing the E&B sedan in June ..Keep the pictures coming...

6. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Show time has arrived. Rick and Tim were at work early installing the windows and Sheriff John arrived a little later to work on the seat installation with Tim. P-Wood came by to put the hood together and install the grill shell. The rest of the afternoon was spent doing final adjustments on the grill and hood and tending to a number of other small details. About 4:00, the car was loaded up and Rick and John were off to the show.

The picture of the car on the trailer is probably the last time you will see it on a trailer.

Sorry, 3W Larry ... no pictures of the seats. We were busy and I didn't think of interior shots. I'll be at the show with a camera and I'll try to remedy that deficiency.

Attached Files:

7. DRD57

DRD57

Bitchin!
    See you tomorrow.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

8. grandet23

grandet23

Congrats guys... I've always wanted to meet Pete Eastwood in person. Please attach a video showing the car coming off the line/burn out ..... By the way what is the brand of red oxide? I went back and read the thread but may of missed it....

9. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

The Sedan is at the show. I drove it in and it sounded awesome inside the building. Google search Hot Rod blog and scroll down until you see the E&B Sedan. Looks like billsill45 has hit the big time. Does the picture look familiar? Please feel free to call me if you go to the show. I would enjoy meeting you guys in person. 626-622-4488.
    The Sedan is in Building 4. There is a surprise that will be posted tomorrow for all of you!
    Rick

10. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

If you ever notice the time I have been posting lately you will see I have not been getting much sleep. I can guarantee that I will be sleeping like a baby by 9:30 tonight.
    Yippee!

11. way cool, glad you got it done.
    Al.

12. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

The red oxide is/was two gallons of Ditzler 72 lacquer primer I've had around here for years.
    It's the exact same stuff we used the first time around !

13. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Nice ride you guys did a bang up job!

14. Wow!

Like many other here I well remember those images from Hot Rod way back when and what this car did to me in terms of what a real hot rod was and is.

So glad to see this incarnation still in red oxide.

You guys rock!

15. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

You guys have no idea how much your comments meant to the completion of the Sedan. It may not have happened without all of you. I am grateful!
    This thread is not finished. We will be using it and posting pictures as we "fine tune" it.
    Those who had built a car know what that means and for the others, I hope this will be educational.
    We will also be chronicling the Sedan's travels and events it will be going to and hopefully meeting more of you in person.
    Again, Thanks!
    Rick

16. moparnate

moparnate
    from minnesota

so bitchin to see this car again! You guys should be proud!, it was fun following this build.

17. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

02cool Rick. Car looks bitchen, and I know that today you and Pete are happily exhausted. The satisfaction of getting done in time for the show is great. Now, you can relax and enjoy the car and Oh yeah, drive the wheels off of it! I hope I can get down for LARS so I can see it and you guys. Enjoy the weekend.

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Are there plans to use this car to haul T speedsters to meets? Bob [​IMG]

19. Wish I could see it in person, I love that sedan !

20. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Soooo Bitchin! Wish I was there to see it!

21. At the Hot Rod deal the car looked great!!!
    Rick - Thank you for the Thank you on the helper board!!
    Your humble servent
    Fuzzy

22. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Holy Shit! So Damn Cool....

~RM

23. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

Rick, Had a great time today at the show, The car looks great and had its share of attention. Thank you very much for including me on the sedan's story board..I did little to nothing to help but i had a great time doing it! Thanks for the trip down memory lane. And to all you fellow h.a.m.e.r.s that i was lucky enough to meet , it was a pleasure. C.W. and Bill keep in touch. Rick....Thanks again

24. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

The Eastwood & Barakat '32 Ford Sedan successfully make its' debut today at Hot Rod Magazine's Hot Rod Homecoming at the Los Angeles County Fairplex. The car got a very positive reception from the crowd and Rick and Pete received well-deserved attention from the media with interviews with Hot Rod and other magazines. A video shoot has been scheduled and I believe Rick even mentioned a photo shoot.

Projects like the E & B Sedan often end badly when the builder(s) don't have the full support of wives, significant others and family. Certainly this is not the case with Rick ... witness the smiling faces of Rick's wife Jan and family in the attached photos. Son Rick even designed and made the show placard.

I'm grateful to Rick and Pete for the opportunity to make a (very) small contribution to the effort, watch some real craftsmen at work, meet some great people and hopefully make some long-term friendships.

Attached Files:

25. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

3wLarry: Here is your seat picture ... '74 Mustang II, same as the orginal car except for spiffy new upholstery in the same color.

Attached Files:

26. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Pete Eastwood also had another of his cars in the show: Old Master - the Nobbin, Wadkins & Pink AA/F dragster. This car was featured in Hot Rod Magazine in 1965 and passed through various owners until Pete rescued it. Like many veteran race cars, it had been sliced & diced several times, bearing little resemblance to its' orginal configuration. The pictures show the high standard of Pete's period-correct restoration.

Attached Files:

27. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Damn'it it is done!!......Now what??......Oh yeah time to Drive the hell out of it......Rick whatever you do don't sell it, As the next guy might sell the body and turn it into a roadster or something crazy like that....

28. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Congrats on hitting the finish line right on time ! It's been fun following along with your build as you and your friends showed what teamwork is all about . You brought back several great memories of my last two build ups , and the all the friends that helped me . Glad to see that this thread is'nt ending , just changing direction a bit . Looking forward to future posts .

29. Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

It was truly fun to watch and help (and ditch work) in the final stages of the build. I'm glad I could contribute and am honored that you included me in the show placard. That is a lot of recognition for: chasing a few threads, poking holes in cotton webbing, sawing some plastic and fixing a busted bracket. The friendship and camaraderie were payment enough.

30. Eastwood & Barakat - way to go guys and the people who helped - boy oh boy that car looks BITCHIN! Have really enjoyed watching this!