Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Looks fantastic!
    I miss my orange hot rod …. Im goin outside and paintin somethin orange.

2. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Great pictures. I think orange is one of those classic hot rod colors. Thanks for posting! Is the front axle painted gray or just cleared? I like it.

3. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

The front axle is painted Academy Grey from mid 70's Cadillac.

4. Lookin real good Rick & Pete! It must be official as I saw on the Hot Rod Magazine blog the car is scheduled to be at the homecoming! Too cool! Keep the pics coming!

5. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Thank you.

6. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

Looking good, rick

just wanted to point something out...if you look at the second photo that

bill posted. I think everyone should take a good look at how perfectly laid

out all parts on the rack behind the e&b frame. And don't over look the

fact that part # bc192 is exactly in it's proper space......now thats talent

7. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Looks great Rick, nice job! It was probable mentioned earlier but is that Hugger Orange?

8. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Tio Geo came by one day and helped me organize for the assembly process and obviously wants credit for it.:D Posting twice. Really???;)

Willysguy- Yes it is Hugger Orange.

9. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

Posting twice??? what are you talking about?

10. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I have an ambitious weekend planned. I will be putting the rear end together, install rear brakes, install the steering box and brake lines and hopefully the motor and transmission. We'll see how the plan goes. Photos to follow(probably by someone other than me)

11. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Rick, It must be a little brighter in the California sun! Or you have a nice varient.

12. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Rick, that's just an afternoon's work for you. You're gainin on it though!

13. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

The progress look great guys, Mike Martinez said that you guys were going to put the body on the chassis on Thursday, I can't wait to see it done, glad that you guys are gaining on it. Finding those orange bushings must have been a challenge, I remember when everybody used to paint them black, me included ;).

14. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Status Report 2/24/13:

Rick continues to work diligently on the sedan. The engine was delivered today and is in the process of being prepped for paint, therefore it's "not ready for its' closeup". The rear end and rear brake assembly is near completion and the front brakes are soon to follow. The photos show Rick and Teo Geo contemplating the next step. Earlier in the day, Alec and the other Geo (sp?) were also at work on the project ... Rick will have to post a roster of all of his helpers.

Rick, thanks for lunch with your regular crew.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  15. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

As you can tell in the middle picture that bill posted, I didn't paint the inside of the backing plates. I was just in to much of a hurry and also lazy.

It bugged me last night so I came down around midnight and pulled the axles and took off the backing plates and painted them. Am I nut or what????

Attached Files:

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya, I'd put you in the "nut" catagory!

17. jalopy45

jalopy45

:p
    OCD wins again

18. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

19. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I put the steering box in, rear brakes and the brake lines. The motor is all painted and ready to bolt up to the transmission. That should be done by Wednesday night. As always, pictures to follow.

20. Good progress Rick!

21. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Status Report 2/25/13:

A quick stop at Rick's to check on the inside of those backing plates ... we'll all sleep better tonight knowing that there is fresh paint inside the brakes !! More detailed engine pictures to follow when the tape and old valve covers come off and it's ready to drop in.

Attached Files:

22. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

You know, I too woke up last night at 2 AM wondering , why did'nt he paint those damn backing plates ? Good for you Rick , now we can finally get a full night sleep !!

23. Rick-
    There's nothing wrong with doing those backing plates, call it OCD or whatever. I would have done the same thing. If you hadn't have done it and they started to rust later on, it would have drove you nuts. To me, there's nothing more frustrating than tearing apart a nicely detailed chassis on a running, driving car to fix something you forgot. They never go back together as pretty as it was when it was done the first time.

Do it now, it's the right time.

24. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Great fun Rick. It is looking really good. By the way, are you getting any help from Martinez? I told him to get over there, its not like he has all that much to do right now (don't tell him I said that). Now, get back to work!

25. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Damn Rick-
    Even your rack shelves are orange!

So- are we going to call this E&B Orange now? ;)

[​IMG]

26. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Dale-
    Mike work? You've got to be kidding me. Typical retired guy. The less you have to do, the less you get done. Guys like you and me will probably never retire. It is easier to get things done when you have less free time.

Steve- I've got a little orange paint left over and I was looking at the Craftsman box (small roll-a-way and top box)I bought as a teenager that is looking a little faded factory red. Hmmm...Hugger Orange would sure look good on it! See how easy it is to get side tracked on a car project?

The earlier post about the body going on this Thursday is BAD information!

27. OK OK When are you going to hang the body???

28. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Rick, from everything I have heard from retired guys, (they work harder that when they were working) I don't think I want to. Besides, like you said, its easier to get things done when you are out of time.

29. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Fuzzy-
    The plan is motor and trans in on Saturday and start priming the body on Sunday.
    Body shell on the frame Tuesday if I can get the manpower to lift and place safely. The days of putting a body on with just one buddy is long gone!:(

30. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

That BAD info came from a Retired Guy to me ;), but spoke with Pete on Sunday and from what he said, The body was still in metal and needed to be primed, but you might have been putting the engine in that Sunday? Look's like you've been working pretty hard and Pete said you both will have it the HR party.

Looking good!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll tell Mike when I see him @ Taco Tuesday or The Broiler to give out the straight scoop :D:D:D!