Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Naw I don't think you should. :rolleyes:

The real question is why shouldn't you?

2. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Just shipped the first batch of shirts. Any of you who purchased them and are going to the Father's Day Roadster Show, please wear the shirts. Pete and I would like to meet you.
    Thanks again,
    Rick

3. lbrunkala

lbrunkala

Rick,
    Thanks for the shirts! I got them today.
    You guys have to get one of these! They are BAD ASS!

Also,thanks for redoing the car. This time I'll be able to have my son watch the progress and create his own memories.
    I love Hot Rodding!
    Larry

4. NorthBayArea

NorthBayArea
    from Smyrna, DE

Got mine too Rick!
    Very very cool!

Love your coupe too Larry! You should slap up some pictures in another thread. And not all the ones I've already seen in the magazines. :D

.....sorry for the hijack.

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  5. river1

river1

rick,
    i got mine today very cool with the design on both sides!!

i also got an e-mail from paypal saying my payment was "unclaimed". did you get my payment on your end?

later and thanks
    jim

6. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I'm glad you guys like the shirts. Spread the word. As you can tell we didn't cheap out on the shirts or the screening. First class hot rodders deserve first class shirts!!!!
    Thanks again,
    Rick

7. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks Rick, the printing is super clean. Nice work, cool art! Now I hafta try and not get it all stained out by Father's Day!

8. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Finally some pictures of the body. Still has some original green paint on spots.
    If you look close in the background you can see a restored Model T built by Pete currently owned by Chip Foose. More pictures to come.

Attached Files:

9. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I can't seem to get the photos to upload. I'll have my IT guy (my teenage son) haha! help me tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!

10. got mine today pretty cool, thanks rick and pete.
    Al.

Attached Files:

11. Mine showed up today! Wearing it to the NSRA event tomorrow, here in Springfield, MO.

12. voodoo1

voodoo1

That is so awesome! I love old history like that being brought back to life! Mike

13. Tip of the day. Silk screen print shirt, cup of white vinegar in a tub of cold water to sit overnight equals a shirt that will look good for a long time with many wash cycles.
    Waiting patiently as Mr. Baracat and I have talked. Can't wait to wear my incoming shirt!!!!!!

14. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Hey Rick, sounds like you guys are having fun. So, you still have your 5 window. I remember spending a couple of nights wiring it. Is it still in the same condition? I still have my 5 window too. I started a rebuild a couple of years ago and it keeps getting sidetracked. Hopefully I will see you at Father's Day.

15. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

No kidding? I'll try that.
    Plus maybe rub your french fries on the shirt? Oh, that would be malt vinegar....never mind.

16. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

So...Who's and what is this? I thought this was the Sedan finished. No? I love it !!!

Attached Files:

17. plumpcars

plumpcars

Arrived here in the UK yesterday. Will be worn to the famous old Brooklands racetrack today so you're getting around!
    Keep us posted on the build progress please Rick.

18. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Hey Dale:
    I'll post a picture of the coupe the way it looks now tomorrow.
    Thanks everyone and enjoy the shirts!

19. Fogger

Fogger

So where's the update, are you actually recreating the 2-door or selling t-shirts? Shirts look great, but I'm sure all on the HAMB want to see the progress on the old hot rod.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  20. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Fogger: Sorry there has not been more progress but I have swamped with end of school year activities. Pete and I should be more productive now even though we won't be able to complete the build in 12 weeks like we did 30 years ago. Our plan is a March completion date.

21. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

So Rick, which Monday were you going to post the pic of your coupe?

22. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Dale- you're killing me. Just like the old days!

23. Fogger

Fogger

Rick, Thanks for the reply, I realize how we all have more responsibilities now than we did in the '60s and '70s. More power to you and Pete on the completion of your old hot rod. We're all looking forward to the build.

24. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Yeah, life was simpler before the mortgage, wife, children and jobs! Not to mention the aging process.

25. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Rick, you're whining again, just like the old days! What, we're not all still a bunch of car crazed kids? OK, maybe in our minds. Remember how much fun we had as kids, now we are paying for it!

26. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Okay Dale, here's the pictures. Is the warranty still in effect for the wiring?

Attached Files:

• 340.pdf
      File size:
      2.6 MB
      Views:
    • 341.pdf
      File size:
      2.4 MB
      Views:
    • 343.pdf
      File size:
      2.6 MB
      Views:
    • 350.pdf
      File size:
      2.5 MB
      Views:
  27. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Okay Dale, here's the pictures. Is the warranty still in effect for the wiring?

28. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Warranty? What warranty? Car looks good Rick. My coupe is sitting on a new frame and is in bare metal right now. Too many projects have gotten in the way but hopefully after Fathers' Day I can get back on it.

29. Hey Rick,the t shirts arrived down here today,thanks pal.Good luck with the project.

30. I'm just slightly confused...well maybe more than slightly. Maybe it's just thread drift about the red coupe.

Are you guys rebuilding the tudor?