Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Which one of you "Chips" is from My Three Sons?

Seems like I will have to make at least black and white. I think this time I will pre-sell so I don't short anyone on size or color.

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Yup! That'd be me.

I could definitely second Alex's idea about the primer red and orange/white/black logo shirts!!! Almost like an Arizona "dirt shirt". Imagine the stain hiding qualities built in right there!!!

3. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Chip-
    I've eaten with Alex. It would have to be a paisley print for his shirt:D
    Rick

4. I can neither confirm or nor deny the above noted statement on the grounds that it's probably 100% factual. :p

Oh, and I'm serious about the brown shirt idea. I used to be a white or black t-shirt guy, but when the Rodder's Journal started producing their shirts in navy blue, maroon, and olive green, I bought a few and like 'em a lot. Change is good......

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  5. Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

You might consider printing the logo on a few upside down so the wearers will have a chance to admire the artwork.

BTW, thanks for the white t-shirt a few weeks ago. Am wearing it today in the 104 degree heat. I really get tired of wearing swimming t-shirts sometimes.

6. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

For the old guys- coffee color would be the best color. ;)

7. bowtie40

bowtie40

Oh Yeah!!! put me down for an XXL

8. Yup I would be in for a few T shirts

9. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

After all these comments, I'm tempted to make bibs as well as shirts. If this project takes much longer, maybe even a drool towel.;)

10. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Count me in for an xl! PayPal?

11. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Count me in for an xl! PayPal?

12. i'm in for another

13. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

updates?...hmm?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

3wLarry,
    Today is supposed to be the last day of 100 degree weather. I am hoping to paint again tomorrow. What do you want pictures of a sanded frame????

15. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

16. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Pics of the orange garage floor- like in the 80's. ;)

17. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

I know I don't post very often, put that down to being an old fart that isn't happy with computer stuff, but the work you have accomplished so far is to me amazing. I'm trying to finish a re-build of my 52 chevy pickup and can understand the angst of trying to work in this miserable heat. I have lived in SoCal my entire life and can't remember a worse summer weatherwise. I was at the LA Roadster show but missed meeting youand Pete due to a hip that has decided I shouldn't walk around a whole bunch. I did receive two of your first t-shirts and will gladly pony up whatever it takes to get two more 2XL's when you decide on the format for the next ones, I really think coffee brown would be a great choice. Thanks for the posts on this build and the great pics you have put up for all to see. Keep up the good work, the weather is supposed to cool down a little this week, maybe we can both get some work accomplished!

18. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

malcolm1943-
    Thanks for the kind words. Anyone who would like to come by and hang out or help is welcome to. Just having people hang out and visit makes the job go a lot easier.
    Consider this an open invitation to everyone. There are always cold drinks here.
    Rick

19. Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

I may visit soon. I am going stir crazy with work and watching the Metro Rail maintenance yard build is not very exciting.

20. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I'll be here working all weekend. The weather has dropped 20 degrees and is much more amenable for an old guy to work and finally have good temperature to paint all day instead of a small window of opportunity. I won't feel as rushed to jam it all in at once.

3wLarry,
    I know, where's the pictures? You'll have plenty by Sunday night!

21. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

Rick,
    Where is your shop located, I would definitly like to drop by and lend a hand!Is the address listed in your HAMB site the location of the shop?

22. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

Rick,

Dude!

I came by and met Pete and a bunch of other guys ready to do stuff, but the door was closed! I think he left you a phone message.

24. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Can't a guy go to lunch???? I know you have my phone number! I'm calling it a day now and will be back tomorrow from 7 until 10 in the morning and then back from 1 until 5. The address is 2084-F Central Avenue Duarte, CA 91010 My phone is 626-622-4488. Everyone is welcome!

25. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

now that was funny!!! hey rocket, let me know next time you go to rick's shop maybe i can join you. Rick, where did you go to lunch?

26. Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

Ahh, I missed lunch too? I'll try again later. I was on my way to the bank for a loan so I can put gas in the car. I didn't know there were a flock of ancient Honda cars in Duarte. Must be the clean air.

Tio, PM me with your phone.

27. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

First coat. A little cool for us, 63 degrees at 10 a.m. I have to remind myself to be patient!

Attached Files:

28. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Second coat. 74 degrees and getting better.

Attached Files:

29. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

74 degrees is just about perfect , spray that third coat and call it a day . look'n good !

30. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Looking great, can't wait to see it together!