Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Dale-
    I agree. I find it much easier to do shelving for other people than for myself.
    If Pete wasn't so much better than me at this, I would be doing more of this part of the project myself. I am smart enough to know not to mix the 2 ability levels on the same project.
    I'll just have to be satisfied with doing the painting and the motor.
    We will then do the assembly together.

2. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I just got off the phone with Pete. All our parts from PETE & JAKE'S showed up today. Thanks Jerry and Jason Slover! They have been very supportive of our project from day one.

3. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Pete finished the installation of the Pete & Jake's brake pedal.
    A very nice product!

Attached Files:

4. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Here is the original fuel pump mounted in the original holes.
    As an fyi, even though we did not pick it for this reason, the fuel pump is the model used on Cobras! Not a great photo. sorry.

Attached Files:

5. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I just saw some pictures of the driveshaft that Pat did. Absolutely gorgeous. It was being shipped out today. One more item off the list.

Does anyone out there know where I can find a battery box that is white on the bottom and has a red top? We are struggling to find one.
    Thanks for the help!

6. Have you tried a marine supply store. Those boat places have lots of car friendly piece's. Years ago I remember seeing a red over white box at K-mart or something like that. They were very cheaply made and I'm sure thats not what your after.

7. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

We have found many different ones that are black but would like to be accurate in replacing missing parts. Back in the 80's, they were all white and red. We would be willing to buy a used one if it's out there and e-bay has none listed. I believe the brand was SEAGUARD.

8. I think it is the other way around, S.W. fuel pumps were used on hot rods
    before Cobras came around.

9. We used a SW fuel pump when we built my RPU in 1960. No Cobras in '60.

10. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I stand corrected. It's nice to confirm that hot rodders were and still are the trendsetters!
    Pete was finishing up the line loc and brake lines today. Fuel lines are next.

Attached Files:

11. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Kevin aka Kiwi Kev has offered to give us a set of M/T valve covers for the project. One more detail taken care of.
    Thanks Kevin!

12. 5w32

5w32

hey Rick ,i have one....trade you for a large new design t-shirt!!

13. Rick-
    When you have time, make up a list of the missing pieces you are still looking for. Many of us have may those pieces laying around in our parts stash, and we'd love to donate to this project.

14. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

5w32-
    Thanks for the offer. It's a done deal! Can you e-mail a picture or PM one to me.
    Just so you know, the new shirts won't be made until the car is completed.

Flat-N-Low- I thought about doing that, but we don't want to be perceived as "begging". We are more than willing to pay the going rate for what we need. I agree that the HAMB is a great resource for finding the parts we need.

15. You could just put up a list of parts you need, and work out some sort of deal (cash, trade, donation, or whatever) with each individual. Horse trading is one of the most fun parts of building any hot rod!! Hey, the Amish all team up when it's time to build a barn, so why not a hot rod?

Plus, when this car gets in the magazines (and it will), you can brag to your friends that one of your old parts is on it!!

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I second what Flat -N-Low said!

17. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Like Flat-N-Low said, at least that way everyone knows what you are looking for. I have donated parts to lots of projects, not always intentionally though.

18. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Rick,

I can't thank you and Pete enough for doing this project. It finally clicked with me the other day why I started working on my '32 Roadster again. It's the inspiration from this project! How bout that! Too Cool Man... Too Cool....

Keep it up!

~Robert M.

19. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

OK. I'll put a list together with Pete and post it sometime today.

The-Syndicate-
    Thanks for the comment. The HAMB has helped us stay focused on the project by way of all the comments and encouragement that you give us!
    Thanks everyone!

20. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

OK guys here we go with the list:
    Gauge tunnel/Panel
    Dash with the upper reveal out
    Hood tops
    61 or 62 Full size ford or mercury top
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!

21. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Added a signature line. Checking if it works.

22. 5w32

5w32

i'm in scottsdale, will send a photo on wed. when i get home, Steve

23. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Rick, I have a nice original tunnel and panel if still needed.....

24. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I just got off the phone with Jack (jackandeuces) and he will be sending the tunnel and panel our way. Thanks Jack!

I told him we will be having a party the weekend of LARS to thank all the contributors and helpers of the sedan project. Also, there will be a limited edition Thom Taylor shirt for "Team Members". There are quite a few of you already and I just want to say THANKS. I look forward to meeting all of you in person.

Attached Files:

25. Driveshaft build link. I'm having trouble posting pics. If anybody else can help, I'm sure Rick and Pete would appreciate it as much as me.
    http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj268/patrickmoran1966/Building shaft for Eastwood and Barakat/
    Keep in mind album photos are in reverse and I don't have the patience to figure out how to get them in order. I added three pics of me working on a Mack driveshaft just for seeing the difference in size of car vs. Class 8 truck driveshafts.
    I built the driveshaft at Superior Spring Clutch and Gear in North Little Rock, Arkansas. We use Spicer u-joints and driveshaft components for jobs like this one because quality of parts is as important as quality of workmanship. My co-worker, Ronn Osborne, that works in the driveline shop every day, took the pictures.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=7695331
    I've done forgotten how to post pictures on here. I don't know how to do it any more.
    ProEnfo tried to help me and I appreciate. I've gotten aggravated with trying to post pics.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  26. fgnailhead34

fgnailhead34

Hey Rick,

Posting a photo for Marty Strode. If your still looking for the battery box top, let us know.

Attached Files:

27. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

I can't wait for Deuce Week and the chance to see this thing! Myself and a few other knuckle heads will be making the trip down for the event!

28. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

fgnailhead34 and Marty Strode-

Just received a PM from Steve AKA5w32 and the battery box is on it's way. Thanks anyway.

The-Syndicate- I can't wait to drive it!!!!

All leads to the rest of the parts will be appreciated.

Thanks again,
    Rick

29. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I'm not a tech wizard but here are pictures of Pat and the completed driveshaft.

It sure looks good. Thanks Pat!

The driveshaft, not Pat.

Sorry Pat.

Attached Files:

30. I noticed that Pat has a Ford Factory adjustment tool in his hand.